- Organization: FAO – Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Tbilisi
- Grade: All levels – NPP – National Project Personnel – Local Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2023-05-24
The United Nations’ Food and Agriculture Organization is known as FAO. It is a specialized organization of the UN that focuses on global initiatives to end hunger through advancing agriculture. The goal of FAO is to promote sustainable agricultural development, enhance nutrition, and support the lives of rural communities in order to create a world free from hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. The FAO offers member nations technical assistance, gathers and disseminates data, and offers a venue for discussion on matters pertaining to food and agriculture. Additionally, FAO is in the forefront of global initiatives to promote sustainable agriculture and fight hunger and malnutrition.
The duties for Junior National Monitoring Specialist are:
- Lead the practice and performance of monitoring tools (data collection and analysis) plans, templates and processes.
- Plan and implement monitoring field visits to trained farmers, beneficiaries of matching grants, etc. Provide recommendations which are real time for programmatic course correction,
- Lead the monitoring system of ZOHO software and trained and oversee team members to use this system to enable real-time data flow from the field to the programme management unit for all projects.
- Create and maintain a user-friendly data base, and generate weekly performance reports for the projects in the system.
- Set and manage an Indicator Tracking Table for all projects and mapping estimated progress.
- Maintain regular and close monitoring of the projects in Georgia, including in Abkhazia, including the preparation/revision of passports for indicators, methodology for monitoring and data collection of baselines and targets, and implementation indicators during the project duration.
- Aid in updating the monitoring and evaluation plans for all projects, in coherence with adjustments of the new work plan.
- Perform the monitoring of project activities and progress towards achieving project outputs.
Provide regular feedback on project activities and achievements.
APPLY ALSO: Data collection at UNV Georgia
The requirements for Junior National Monitoring Specialist are:
- University degree in economics, statistics, or connected field
- Minimum 2 years of relevant background in project monitoring and evaluation
- National of Georgia
- Working knowledge of English language and Georgian. Russian would be a help.