About Knowledge Management Officer – INGO Jobs in India:
IFC — a member of the World Bank Group — is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. IFC pledged a record $32.8 billion to private enterprises and financial institutions in developing countries in fiscal year 2022, using the strength of the private sector to end extreme poverty and increase shared prosperity as nations cope with the effects of global mounting crises.
The Strategic Initiatives, Analytics, and Knowledge Management unit (CSIAK) of the Corporate Support VPU is a newly formed unit tasked with strengthening IFC’s knowledge, learning, and change management capabilities, as well as our corporate analytics and reporting. The mandate of this new unit is two-pronged: (1) drive innovation and continuous improvement within Corporate Support VPU (COSVPU) and (2) together with all other functions within the VPU and in partnership with Operations Management department and other relevant units across IFC, support senior leadership in designing and implementing the institutional change needed to achieve IFC’s strategic objectives and growth ambitions.
CSIAK is seeking a high-performing Knowledge Management Officer to support its knowledge technology and content management programs, primarily. The Knowledge Management Officer will operate as part of a larger team and may be called upon to assist with other CSIAK initiatives. The chosen candidate will report to a senior member of the CSIAK team.
Have a look here: INGO Jobs in India – Knowledge Management Assistant
Responsibilities and Roles:
The team head, the Knowledge Management Officer, will oversee all content management and data analytics activities in the Chennai office. Experience in content inventorying and assessment, content analytics and reporting, and metadata and taxonomy management is required for this position. This position also demands data science competence and the ability to step in on any or all responsibilities when the team is under pressure. The chosen candidate will be responsible for a variety of tasks relating to the department’s content and data analytic activities, including but not limited to the following:
• Perform a content inventory of external and intranet websites on multiple platforms, followed by additional auditing and analysis (content age, number of files, metrics, etc.)
• Assist in content categorization and tagging
• Review current content and validate/update metadata for optimal search and findability
•Provide resources (manuals, tip sheets, etc.) to support and promote best practices in content management, including training sessions.
• Supervise the IFC Content Management Helpdesk, providing particular help to IFC site administrators and hub leads on updating and maintaining their intranet sites.
• Provide monthly /quarterly/yearly metric reports on the usage of key information and knowledge portals.
Data Analytics and Monitoring:
• Use artificial intelligence, machine learning, and text analytics to brainstorm, design, and deploy data analytics-based solutions for IFC operations.
• Validate, test, and provide quality assurance for technical solutions and fixes
• Ensure task management for the content/information and data management teams.
• Collaborate with the local team and CSIAK to ensure deliverables are met.
• Provide quality checks of work completed by the team.
• Summarize and communicate the work of the team to both external and internal audiences.
• Facilitate onboarding and training of new staff.
• Assume administrative responsibilities for the team (e.g., leave requests).
• A master’s degree in library and information science, computer science, information technology/systems, knowledge management, information management, or a similar discipline is required, as is at least 5 years of relevant experience.
• Data analytics, knowledge management, and/or content management expertise
• Project management experience required
• Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
• In-depth knowledge of information, content, and data management
• High degree of motivation, initiative, and reliability
• Ability to read, summarize, communicate, and categorize complex materials clearly in English
• Editing abilities, as well as a strong command of (American) English grammar and punctuation
• Understanding and knowledge of international economics, financing, and development
• Extensive experience in modeling tools for analyzing both highly organized (time series, cross-section, and panel data) and extremely unstructured data (text data from documents, websites, and social media)
• Must be proficient in Adobe Analytics, all Microsoft Office products, SharePoint Online, and expert skills in Excel, Python, and data visualization platforms
• Experience with using MeaningCloud software preferred
• Ability to analyze data and articulate findings
• Good organizational skills, demonstrated ability to accomplish many tasks, prioritize deliverables, and work accurately and professionally under pressure and tight deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work in a team environment, as well as under minimum supervision