- Organization: UNOPS – United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Copenhagen
- Grade: Junior level – IICA-1, International Individual Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Legal – Broad
- Closing Date: 2023-05-09
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is a UN agency that implements infrastructure and procurement projects for the UN System, international financial institutions, governments, and another partners over the world. UNOPS offers implementation, advisory, and transactional services in its five core areas of expertise.. It supply projects in more than 80 countries worldwide, with a portfolio of $3.4 billion in 2021. UNOPS often works in post-disaster and peace and security settings, improving countries, and economies in transition. UNOPS is a member of the United Nations Sustainable Development Group and works closely with other UN entities such as the UNDP, the DPO, and the World Bank.
Below the supervision and guidance of the Legal Specialist, the incumbent is responsible for making sure that timely legal advice is sat, which focuses on setting solutions to IPAS Legal’s clients. This needs close communication not only with country offices, but also with other IPAS practice teams, policy groups and regional offices. It also demands a good understanding of the diverse environment in which UNOPS operates.
In order to exercise his/her legal duties, the incumbent acts with designated authority given by the General Counsel. The incumbent will work in agreement with the instructions arranged by the General Counsel.
APPLY ALSO: https://unjobs.asia/jobs/portfolio-support-intern/
The requirements are as follows:
- High university degree (master’s or equivalent) in law, or a closely relevant area.
- A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) and 2 additional years of relevant experience may substitute for the advanced university degree.
- Minimum two years of post-graduate experience analysing legal issues and conducting legal research, preferably with an international organisation, government agency or legal office.
- Fluency in English (reading, speaking and writing) is required.
- Fluency in Spanish (reading, speaking and writing) is strongly desired.