- Organization: UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: Budapest
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Supply Chain
- Closing Date: 17 MAY 2023
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a UN body tasked with providing assistance and protection to refugees, members of forcibly displaced groups, and stateless individuals as well as helping them return home voluntarily, integrate locally, or be resettled in another nation. It was founded on December 14, 1950, to replace the older United Nations Relief and Rehabilitation Administration, and has its main office in Geneva, Switzerland. UNHCR is charged with directing and coordinating global efforts to safeguard refugees and address their issues. It belongs to the United Nations Development Group, a group of businesses committed to sustainable growth. Two Nobel Peace Prizes—in 1954 and 1981—as well as the 1991 Prince of Asturias Award for International Cooperation have been given to UNHCR.
The duties for Logistics Associate at UNHCR Hungary are:
- In obedience with supply chain rules and procedures, support the related logistics activities to streamline UNHCR end to end processes resulting in a timely and quality delivery of goods and services to POC.
- Draft plans for delivery of relief and other non-food items according to operational needs and provide regular updates.
- Schedule and oversee UNHCR’s emergency airlifts, sea and road transport arrangements.
- Method all requests for CRIs from the GSM network in a timely and cost-effective manner to ensure that SLS is able to mobilise the CRIs from the GSM network to the requesting Operation, maintaining the 72-hour deadline.
- Apply UNHCR’s sourcing & procurement strategy when planning for the purchase of important commodities and services.
- Correspond with the freight forwarders to ensure timely customs clearance of consignments, smooth delivery, and receiving of relief and other non-food items ordered. In case of damages, assure responsibilities are defined and necessary claims are settled.
- Sustain accurate and comprehensive records on logistical activities and provide timely reports and updates both periodically and on request.
- Assess purchase requisitions to ensure that specifications, delivery dates and all other requirements are in order.
- Waft and dispatch quotation requests conduct secondary solicitation and/or tenders and assist in the evaluation of offers when required.
APPLY ALSO: Senior Logistics Assistant at UNHCR
The requirements for Logistics Associate at UNHCR Hungary are:
- 3 years appropriate background with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
- Logistics, Supply Chain Management and/or relevant experience Desirable Experience in dealing with Emergencies is of high advantage Other UN procurement and logistics training
- For International Professional and Field Service positions: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Command of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Command of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.