- Organization: WFP – World Food Programme
- Location: Dushanbe
- Grade: Internship – Internship
- Occupational Groups:
- Supply Chain
- Closing Date: 2023-05-10
The World Food Program (WFP) is the top humanitarian agency that provides food aid in dire situations and collaborates with locals to boost nutrition and resilience. The United Nations created it in 1961 to aid in reducing global hunger. 80 nations are home to WFP offices, which have its main headquarters in Rome. The biggest humanitarian organization in the world, it is also the main supplier of school meals. In order to promote nutrition initiatives, policies, and programs, such as school meals and food fortification, WFP collaborates with governments, other UN agencies, NGOs, and the corporate sector.
1. Supply support to logistics activities following standard and established processes.
2. Aid with accounting, preparation of reports, processing of documentation, and ensuring that all relevant records are kept.
3. Help in monitoring inventory control processes as well as stock.
4. Support with processing documentation for the execution of logistics operations (e.g., customs clearance, invoice verification).
5. Other corresponding duties as demanded.
APPLY ALSO: Information Technology (IT) Expert
- Currently enlisted in an undergraduate/graduate programme in logistics, procurement, business administration, finance, accounting or other applicable majors, from a recognized university, have completed at least two years of the programme and followed classes in the past 12 months; OR
- Recently graduated from an undergraduate/graduate programme in logistics, procurement, business administration, finance, analysis or other relevant majors (within six months prior to the application to the internship programme) from a identified university and have attended classes in the last 12 months of enrolment in the university; OR
- Be currently enlisted in a graduate programme (e.g. Master’s degree) in logistics, procurement, business administration, finance, accounting or other applicable fields at a recognized university and have attended classes in the past 12 months;
- Knowledge of using computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint etc.)
- Ability to provide information using courtesy and tact.
- Good awareness to details
- Fluency in English and Russian, and knowledge of Tajik is an asset.