Logistics Technical Assistant Colombia RRU Bogota
The purpose of the Logistics Technical Assistant position supports the daily implementation of the management of logistics-related activities, including purchasing, distribution, asset management and routine verifications, contributing to strategies for efficient and effective operation of logistics.
The purpose of a Logistics Technical Assistant is to support the daily implementation of the management of logistics-related activities.
- Adhere to NRC policies, manuals, guidelines and donor requirements
- Assist with the implementation of the logistics function portfolio in accordance with the Action Plan.
- Provide logistics administration and basic support.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure the correct presentation of all supporting documents
- Assist in the planning and delivery of logistics activity.
- Maintain logistics, suppliers and equipment records.
- Promote and share ideas to improve the logistics function.
- Perform other duties, as assigned by the Line Manager
- Consult and support market research and provide estimated prices.
- Participate in the purchasing planning of the PPP project.
- Ensure the correct completion of the purchasing procedure documentation according to the Document Management requirements (offer documents, meeting minutes and general receipt notes).
- Manage and monitor all purchasing documentation, such as purchase requests, requests for quotes, bid analysis, minutes and contracts/agreements/purchase orders, duly signed/authorized by relevant personnel before establishing a contractual commitment with the suppliers.
- Prepare a hard copy of the purchasing file along with payment documents and ensure submission to Finance
- Verify the accuracy of invoices against orders/contracts/agreements and track partial deliveries.
- Ensure proper documentation for goods ordered and received from abroad.
- Responsible for marking all newly purchased NRC assets and registering them in AR and Agresso before shipping to any local office in Colombia.
- Enter all required data at all stages of the purchase in the Agresso purchasing system
- Prepare draft waiver and file notes if necessary
- Make smaller purchases according to the needs of the program
- Carry out the logistics management required to achieve the cash transfers requested by the program.
- Participate in supplier evaluation and assist the Logistics Officer (Procurement) with updating the Supplier Database
Wineries / Assets
- Ensure the correct storage and rotation of stock, as well as adequate structural maintenance of warehouses in order to keep all stock in good condition.
- Ensure that only authorized personnel enter the warehouse and receive supplies or materials
- Supervise the packaging, loading and unloading of all materials.
- Ensure compliance with safety standards for handling operations in warehouses.
- Report any loss, damage or discrepancy.
- Ensure timely and efficient shipping and receipt of merchandise.
- Maintain accurate stock records and controls
- Organize local labor to affect the timely and efficient receipt and shipment of goods.
- Assist the Logistics Officer to prepare and submit appropriate supporting documents.
- Support and train Warehouse assistants and local employees, as necessary.
- Physically count all inventory, inventory items, and assets at least twice a year and document the results in the inventory report with notes in the Asset Log or Warehouse Inventory Report.
- Maintain and update NRC asset list and update information in Agresso
- Maintain the record of General Receipt Notes and Distribution Lists and manage from this the management of payment to suppliers and justification of warehouse departures.
- Prepare documents for the payment of contracts.
- Ensure that vehicles are used and maintained in accordance with the Logistics Manual, the Strategic Road Safety Plan and NRC policies.
- Ensure that NRC vehicles are equipped with the necessary documents and equipment
- Plan, schedule and monitor the transportation of personnel and material/equipment in accordance with requests and procedures.
- Ensure that all NRC vehicles are in proper operating condition and with an adequate maintenance plan.
- Manage vehicle spare parts requests.
- Coordinate and facilitate the timely notification of eventualities such as accidents and breakdowns.
- Ensure proper filing of all vehicle records and reports.
- Ensure that the vehicle fleet is optimized in size, vehicle models, utilization and operating costs.
- Support the Logistics Team Leader in managing, evaluating and reporting on fleet management activity/performance.
- Provide support in testing, training of drivers and authorized personnel.
- Ensure timely, accurate and correct data entry into the fleet management system.
- Ensure the filing of daily vehicle movement log sheets and remain attentive to communication with drivers when in the field.
- Ensure filing of daily, weekly and monthly vehicle/fuel usage reports; prepare statistical reports on vehicle use/distribution
- Prepare documents for the payment of contracts.
General professional skills:
- Experience working in logistics functions in humanitarian aid contexts.
- Previous experience working in complex and changing contexts.
- Verifiable experience related to the responsibilities of the position.
- Some knowledge in the use of the English language and interest in its improvement.
Specific skills, knowledge and experience of the context:
- Technician, Technologist or student in the last semesters of Business Administration, Logistics Administration, International Business, or similar.
- Minimum two (2) years of proven experience in a similar responsibility.
- Solid knowledge in Supply Management – Supply Chains.
- Experience in Warehouse and Warehouse Management.
- Experience in Fixed Asset Management.
- Knowledge in Fleet Management.
- Knowledge in merchandise transportation management at a national and international level.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office office utilities (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and experience in using ERP software.
The NRC competency framework establishes 12 behavioral competencies and the following are essential for this position:
- Manage unsafe environments.
- Plan and achieve results.
- Empower and build confidence.
- Communicate with impact and respect
LEGAL NATURE OF THE CONTRACT AND REQUIREMENTS
The link between NRC and the person to be hired will be established through a Fixed Term employment contract, in accordance with Colombian labor legislation, with monthly payment in accordance with the NRC Colombia scale.
“NRC defines its salaries based on a nationwide evaluation and salary scale. Therefore, all salaries of new employees are set on this scale and can range between $2,700,000 and $2,900,000 depending on the specific grade of the vacancy to be filled by the selected person. It is important to note that NRC has limited salary negotiation capacity”
Those interested should go to the website www.nrc.org.co, fill out the NRC resume format and send a letter of interest attached. Application deadline Saturday, September 30, 2023 at 6:00 pm
Important Note: Only proposals that meet all the requested requirements and that are sent on the indicated date will be analyzed.
The applicant, with his/her participation and sending his/her application within the selection and hiring process, attests to meeting both the profile and all the aforementioned competencies and requirements. Likewise, it ensures the certainty and authenticity of the information it provides and of all the documentary supports that may be requested or that it delivers to the organization and authorizes the latter to corroborate, directly or indirectly, the information before educational centers and others. organizations.
The applicant also authorizes the organization to search for restrictive information in relation to his/her personal data in local, national and international databases or information systems.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) offers equal opportunities and values staff who are diverse in age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability. NRC expects its staff to respect and recognize the different needs and risks faced by colleagues as well as program participants.
We inform you that the entire selection and recruitment process of the Norwegian Refugee Council – NRC is free and is managed directly by the organization. All our vacancies are available on the website www.nrc.org.co and in no case do we open third-party selection processes.
ABOUT THE TEAM
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Colombia, please click here.