- Organization: UNV – United Nations Volunteers
- Location: Geneva
- Grade: Administrative support – Administrative Services and Support – Generally no need for Higher Education
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Communication and Public Information
- Closing Date: 2023-05-24
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) program is a UN organization that encourages peace and development through volunteerism throughout the world. The program proposes volunteer opportunities in 150 countries and has volunteers from 160 countries with eclectic backgrounds and perspectives. UN Volunteers work in different fields such as disaster reply, society empowerment, and endurable livelihoods. If you are curious in serving in a UNV program, you can find a guide to UN volunteer jobs on volunteerforever.com.
• Maintain their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external magazines and take an active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
• Be trained with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
• Remember on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
• Donate articles/write-ups on field backgrounds and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
• Aid with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
• Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or boost relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically potential. Results/Expected Outputs:
• Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective is systematically devoted, integrated and documented in all activities throughout the assignment.
• A final statement of accomplishments towards volunteerism for peace and development during the assignment, such as reporting on the number of volunteers rallied, activities participated in and capacities developed.
APPLY ALSO: Senior Technical Officer at WHO
- 0 years of experience in Prior background as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded.
- Demanded Degree Level: Secondary Education Additional Comments: Currently learning towards a degree in law, communication, journalism, international relations, public administration, political science, social sciences or a related field.
- Language Skills: Fluency in English. Command of French is an asset. Understanding of another Unit-ed Nations official language would be an benefit(i.e. Arabic, Chinese, Russian or Spanish).