- Organization: UNICEF – United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Lahore
- Grade: Consultancy – Consultant – Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Women’s Empowerment and Gender Mainstreaming
- Children’s rights (health and protection)
- Population matters (trends and census)
- Scientist and Researcher
- Closing Date: 2023-05-29
UNICEF, or the United Nations Children’s Fund, is an agency of the United Nations that donate humanitarian and developmental support to children over the world. It was originally initiated in 1946 to give emergency food and healthcare to children and mothers in countries devastated by World War II. UNICEF works in over 190 countries and territories to defend the rights of every child, especially those who are vulnerable. Its activities include giving immunizations, disease prevention, and treatment for children and mothers with HIV, as well as strengthening childhood and maternal health. UNICEF relies wholly on voluntary contributions from governments and private donors.
The duties for MICS Consultant at UNICEF Georgia are:
- Survey Planning:
- A Steering Committee is established and comprised of all relevant national and international stakeholders, including National Ethical Committee;
- A Technical Committee composed of all relevant technical experts is established;
- The Survey Plan and Budget, including the timetable, are completed and shared with all stakeholders;
- A Memorandum of Comprehending between UNICEF Country and BoS-Punjab is signed before funds are spent on survey activities;
- Model design:
- The UNICEF Sampling expert advisor is provided with the necessary information, and visits are well managed and coordinated within survey plans;
- The selection expert of BoS-Punjab finalizes the sample design with the guidance and review of the UNICEF Sampling expert consultant;
- MICS questionnaires:
- Proper UNICEF program staff and the Technical Committee are involved in reviewing the customization of relevant sections of the MICS questionnaire & selected Modules that address country data gaps and address SGD data needs.
- Questionnaires experience a translation and back-translation process & Questionnaires and manuals undergo an ethical review.
- MICS Household Listing and Mapping (GPS Data Collection, if applicable), Supervisor, Measurer, and Interviewer Manuals are customized for the country-specific context and summarized.
APPLY ALSO: Project Officer Community Stabilization
The requirements for MICS Consultant at UNICEF Georgia are:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in a relevant field combined with professional experience in Demography, Statistics, Social Sciences, Epidemiology, or any other connected technical field is demanded.
- Minimum 4 years of appropriate experience in the coordination and/or management of quantitative household surveys (prior MICS or Demographic and Health Survey (DHS).
- Strong computer skills and substantial expertise in statistical analyses (familiarity with data processing and data analysis software, particularly SPSS);
- Background with CAPI data collection.
- Training background and ability to organize and facilitate training and presentations.
- Background in data analysis and survey report writing.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written transmission in Punjabi, Saraiki is required.
- Fluency in English is demanded. Understanding of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.