Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Mozambique Mueda
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Contribute to concept note and proposal development; provide input on needs based on area level Core Competencies (sectors).
- Provide regular progress reports to Area Manager, Programme Managers and M&E Coordinator/Manager and partner, coordination and working groups
- Coordinate process to establish programme level M&E systems; participate in log frame design, support on indicator formulation, M&E plan, etc.
- Support and contribute to the development of a data management system through documentation, implementation and coordination of standardized information flow of M&E activities and reporting and “learning moments” to improve evidence-based planning
- Support in developing data collection methodology and tools and storage systems, and in actual data collection, as needed.
- Capacity building and training of program staff on M&E technical and conceptual areas, as needed
- Support in standardizing M&E across projects, including adaptation of M&E protocols
- Support and work as focal person for the Complaint, Feedback and Response Mechanism as needed
- Represent NRC and be a liaison at partner, coordination and working groups
- Support the over-all process of surveys and assessment including data collection across all programme sectors, advising, supporting, and helping practically as and where necessary including support to planning, logistics, participant selection, designing questions and selection and training of enumerators, data collection and documentation.
- Support Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM), Needs Assessments, baseline/end line surveys and other pre and post implementation assessment where and when required
- Support in developing data collection methodology and tools and data storage systems, and in actual data collection, as needed.
- Train and support programme staff on using data collection methodologies and tools, including but not limited to Excel and Kobo
- Ensure verification of data; conduct data analysis; contribute to data report writing; using software including but not limited to Excel, Kobo and PowerBi
- Track the progress of project output indicators and ensure that monitoring data is reported as per the monthly ITT template and online GORS in a timely manner to relevant programme and managerial staff, and partners and coordination (working) groups; where relevant, provide updates to participatory beneficiary groups
- Report cluster/sector 4Ws&5Ws for Core Competencies (sectors) field team.
- Represent NRC and be a liaison at partner, coordination and working groups; this can include training participants on data collection methodology and tools and other contributions
- Complete ongoing mandatory trainings and follow a custom professional development plan
- Carry out regular analysis of Feedback and complaints response data analysis
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by Area Manager and M&E Coordinator/Manager
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics and other related areas
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English and Portuguese, both written and verbal
- Strong computers skills including MS package; willingness and ability to easily and quickly learn new database programmes, etc.
- Experience with principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in humanitarian programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods
- Knowledge of digital data collection platforms (KoBo, PowerBi)
- Experience leading teams required
- Knowledge of the context in Cabo Delgado is required
- Knowledge of the circumstances, needs and challenges displacement and conflict-affected IDPs, host communities, and returnees face
- Experience liaising with local and community stakeholders
- Field level experience with an NGO preferred
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Mozambique, please click here.