- Organization: FAO – Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Apia
- Grade: Consultancy – Consultant – Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2023-05-25
The United Nations’ Food and Agriculture Organization is known as FAO. It is a specialized organization of the UN that focuses on global initiatives to end hunger through advancing agriculture. The goal of FAO is to promote sustainable agricultural development, enhance nutrition, and support the lives of rural communities in order to create a world free from hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. The FAO offers member nations technical assistance, gathers and disseminates data, and offers a venue for discussion on matters pertaining to food and agriculture. Additionally, FAO is in the forefront of global initiatives to promote sustainable agriculture and fight hunger and malnutrition.
The duties for Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist at FAO are :
- Helps the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects and appropriate activities; review of relevant documents and reports; identifies priorities, problems and issues to be addressed and propose corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; identifies and initiates follow-up actions.
- Helps the reviews, updates and maintenance of the field programme related information and data in the FPMIS (Field Programme Management Information System), trains staff in FPMIS use and data maintenance.
- Assures SAP’s compliance of Project Cycle, alignment of plans and programmes of SAP with upstream strategies of the organization, including with the Four Betters and Programme Priority Areas (PPAs), as well as the national plans and priorities.
- Helps formulation and performance, monitoring, evaluation and reporting for the Multi-Country Programming Framework (CPF), United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF)
- Provides analytical and monitoring support for the Country Office Management and Monitoring Indicators Tool (COMMIT) and other corporate systems and tools, and simplifies data collection for corporate systems and tools”
- Trains diverse written outputs, e.g. background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, yearly and quarterly work plans, and budgets, and annual project donor reports, if necessary according to pre-established formats (progress and terminal reports).
- Assures both pipeline and continuous project appraisal, approval, progress in line with the revised Project Cycle guidelines, and undertakes necessary follow-up actions.
APPLY ALSO: Convention on the Rights of the Child
The requirements for Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist at FAO are :
- University degree in business administration or public administration, social science, political science or a connected major;
- At least 5 years of relevant background in project or programme management, development and/or project planning/formulation/ implementation, and/or programme monitoring, reporting and evaluation;
- For consultant: working knowledge (level C) of English and limited understanding (level B) of French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese and/or Russian; For PSA, working knowledge of English.
- Understanding of the cultural, economic and geopolitical context of the Pacific.
- Understanding of FAO systems such as FPMIS is desirable.
- Please note that all nominees should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.