Brief Details About Monitoring Assistant – WFP – Pakistan:
- Organization: WFP – World Food Programme
- Location: Islamabad
- Grade: Administrative support – Administrative Services and Support – Generally no need for Higher Education
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2023-06-06
The World Food Programme is an international organization within the United Nations that provides food assistance worldwide. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization and the leading provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, WFP is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
Apply also: District Field Team Leader – FAO – Pakistan
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Verify the targeting (i.e., beneficiary registration and planned activitiesin in selected villages) as per WFP envisaged starndards;
- Perform monitoring of ongoing activities and the training sessions imparted by Coorperating Partner;
- Perform cash/food distribution monitoring and the processes involved to mobilize beneficairies to the cash disbursement points;
- Receive and collate comments and feedback from cooperating partners and beneficiaries to support in identifying programmatic issues with a view to fostering efficient operations;
- Perform different types of assessments to document the benefits of WFP interventions on target communities i.e., Food Security Outcome Monitoring, end of project assessment etc;
- Perform purposive monitoring visits to follow-up on critical issues surfaced through internal and external sources i.e., WFP beneficiary feedback mechanism, government authorities, UN coordination office etc;
- Collate assistance programme(s) data in accordance with clear direction, in order to support programme reviews and informative decision-making;
- Liaise with cooperating partners, district authorities and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support programme reviews and improve services.
- Represent WFP at district level coordination fora and accordingly keep WFP PO updated;
- Provide guidance for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to complete self-monitoring tasks and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
- Prepare and timely share the field mission reports to document programme implementation.
- Overall, align field monitoring functions with the FFA implementation flow cycle.
- Any other task assign by the supervisor
Required Skill, Education and Experience:
- EDUCATION: Completion of secondary school education as minimum qualification, however, preference will be given to master’s degree holders
- EXPERIENCE: Four Years’ Programme experience, preferably in Monitoring & evaluation and with UN system or INGO’s.
- KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Ability to produce good quality report coupled with good analytical skills
1. Good Command on Ms-office
2. Ability to effectively communicate with beneficairies and the district authorities;
3. Knowledge of local context/geographic areas etc is preferable.
1. Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
2. Fluent in speaking the native language of respective district