- Organization: UNV – United Nations Volunteers
- Location: South Sudan
- Grade: Administrative support – Administrative Services and Support – Generally no need for Higher Education
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Transport and Distribution
- Supply Chain
- Closing Date: 2023-06-09
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) program is a UN organization that encourages peace and development through volunteerism throughout the world. The program proposes volunteer opportunities in 150 countries and has volunteers from 160 countries with eclectic backgrounds and perspectives. UN Volunteers work in different fields such as disaster reply, society empowerment, and endurable livelihoods. If you are curious in serving in a UNV program, you can find a guide to UN volunteer jobs on volunteerforever.com.
The duties for Movement Control Assistant at UNV are :
- Planning weekly cargo flights from Juba to the different sectors.
- Studying the flight asset table available for daily use and requesting Aviation Section for additional sorties, borrowing airplane from other missions to meet Mission’s cargo demands and short-term charter aircrafts.
- Planning road convoys from Juba to the areas and backloading If cargo is available.
- Observing barge availability and tasking the same to move cargo from Juba to the regions.
- Generating monthly cargo statistics, keeping the database, and preparing flight utilization and cargo reports.
- Arranging HTU-Transport Section convoys from Juba to the regions.
- Planning rotation cargo and COE activities in the Mission.
- Conduct other duties as required.
APPLY ALSO: Human Resources Consultant at WFP South-Sudan
The requirements for Movement Control Assistant at UNV are :
- 5 years of background in movement control, commercial or military cargo operations, multi-modal transportation, airline operations, logistics management or a related major with at least three (3) years of supervisory background on a position directly related to the coordination of complex transport operations in the international environment is required.
- Background working in a UN Peacekeeping Mission or International Organization in movement control/logistics operations in the field is required.
- Outstanding in use of Microsoft Office (excel, word, powerpoint) is demanded.
- Training in the planning, coordination, and control of at rent two (2) modes of transport is required.
- English, understanding Level: Fluent, Required.
- Arabic, Level: Working knowledge, Desirable.