- Organization: WFP – World Food Programme
- Location: Kenya
- Grade: Administrative support – Administrative Services and Support – Generally no need for Higher Education
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Communication and Public Information
- Closing Date: 2023-05-18
The World Food Program (WFP) is the top humanitarian agency that provides food aid in dire situations and collaborates with locals to boost nutrition and resilience. The United Nations created it in 1961 to aid in reducing global hunger. 80 nations are home to WFP offices, which have its main headquarters in Rome. The biggest humanitarian organization in the world, it is also the main supplier of school meals. In order to promote nutrition initiatives, policies, and programs, such as school meals and food fortification, WFP collaborates with governments, other UN agencies, NGOs, and the corporate sector.
- Assure the process for creating multimedia content is well defined (revised), including guidance to clients on how to train their content.
- Supply guidance to clients on the best multimedia product for the content/impact they want.
- Plan, create and complete multimedia products within the agreed upon timelines with the client.
- Work with the definitive designer and Communications, Advocacy and Marketing (CAM) teams, when needed, to produce high-quality products.
- Handle client expectations and timelines for production and finalization of products.
- Once finished, ensure the final product is sign-off by the client and saved correctly in the multimedia repository
- Help the KM, Evaluation and CAM teams with related activities
APPLY ALSO: INTERN IN Kenya UNHABITAT
- University degree with course work in information science, Knowledge Management, Project Management, communication, relations, development, government, or other related fields, or First University degree with additional 2 years of connected work experience and/or training/courses. Degree or certification in graphic design, multimedia, radio and/or video production.
- Background in developing impactful scripts and storyboards to create impactful mini-clips.
- Background in corresponding and recording podcasts and supporting speakers with preparations.
- Background working in the international development/humanitarian sectors an advantage.
- Capability to work in a team and establish effective working relations with persons of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- High capacity for association and coordination, as well as an ability to work with a high degree of independence in a team environment.
- Fluency (level C) in the English language.