- Organization: UNWOMEN – United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women
- Location: Colombo
- Grade: Consultancy – National Consultant – Locally recruited Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Women’s Empowerment and Gender Mainstreaming
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Sustainable trade and development
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Design (digital, product, graphics or visual design)
- Sustainable Business Development
- Impact investing, Social venture capital
- Closing Date: 2023-05-26
UN Women is a United Nations organization committed to gender equality and the empowerment of women. It supports UN Member States in setting global means for achieving gender equality and works with governments and civil society to design laws, policies, programs, and services required to ensure that the standards are effectively implemented and truly help women and girls worldwide. UN Women is a global advocate for women and girls, working to develop and uphold ideals and create an environment in which every woman and girl can exercise her human rights and live up to her full possibility. UN Women USA is a branch of UN Women that offers membership and donation possibilities to support UN Women programs.
The duties for National Consultant at UN-WOMEN Colombo are:
- Develop an inception report for the implementation of the consultancy.
- Perform a rapid needs assessment to identify the following;
- Capacity gaps and barriers that discourage women entrepreneurs from using digital platforms for marketing and sales opportunities
- A survey of existing e-platforms and digital markets used by entrepreneurs in Sri Lanka, possibilities and gaps in existing e-platforms that encourage/ discourage women entrepreneurs from using them
- List of specialised solutions and the road map to make digital/ e-marketing platforms more appealing and accessible for women entrepreneurs for increased business opportunities
- Based on the findings of the needs review, develop brief training modules for
- training of Trainers (ToT) programme for Women Development Officers and other frontline officers who are providing services for women entrepreneurs (Gorup 1)
- capacity building training for women entrepreneurs to grow their access to and engagement with online and e-marketplaces (Group 2)
- In addition to the modules developed for in-person trainings, the advisor is expected to develop multi-media video clips based on the training modules above in Sinhala and Tamil and submit as part of the deliverable. Maximum number of video clips for each group (Group 1- government officers, Group 2- women entreprenurs) is 3, with 5 minutes as the top duration for a clip.
- Based on the results of the rapid needs assessment, conduct ToT programmes for Women Development Officers and other frontline officers who are providing assistance for women entrepreneurs in the districts of Ampara, Colombo, Monaragala, Mullaitivu and Vavuniya.
APPLY ALSO: National Consultant at UNDP Colombo
The requirements for National Consultant at UN-WOMEN Colombo are:
- Master’s degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Business Administration, Gender Studies, Development Studies, or comparable in appropriate fields of Social Science. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
- At least 2 years of verifiable background in conducting needs assessments, developing training modules or conducting pieces of training on e-commerce, digital marketing, social media marketing or any other related major.
- Previous experience working in the development sector, working with different stakeholders including government officers and women entrepreneurs
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Availability and willingness to travel to the project communities
- Proficiency in English and one of the local languages is demanded.