- Organization: UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Colombo
- Grade: Consultancy – National Consultant – Locally recruited Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Women’s Empowerment and Gender Mainstreaming
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Sustainable trade and development
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Design (digital, product, graphics or visual design)
- Sustainable Business Development
- Impact investing, Social venture capital
- Closing Date: 2023-05-26
UNDP Programe is well arranged and manifestly image Albania’s improvement priorities articulated in the National Strategy for Development and Integration as well as in the Albania-United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2022-2026. Our Programme is alike with the UNDP Global Strategic Plan. It is contributed towards the European Union Integration Agenda through several European Union acquis chapters. The Programme contributes to the goals of several Sustainable Development Goals. Furthermore, Drawing on its reputation and strength as a UN system integrator for Agenda 2030 and trusted impartial partner, UNDP will set economic transformation and eradication of multidimensional poverty and establish systems that address risks disasters and social injustice within the SDGs. In addition ,The key component of UNDP’s means will be integration and innovation.
The duties for National Consultant at UNDP Colombo are:
- Develop an inception report for the implementation of the consultancy.
- Perform a rapid needs assessment to identify the following;
- Capacity gaps and barriers that discourage women entrepreneurs from using digital platforms for marketing and sales opportunities
- A survey of existing e-platforms and digital markets used by entrepreneurs in Sri Lanka, possibilities and gaps in existing e-platforms that encourage/ discourage women entrepreneurs from using them
- List of specialised solutions and the road map to make digital/ e-marketing platforms more appealing and accessible for women entrepreneurs for increased business opportunities
- Based on the findings of the needs review, develop brief training modules for
- training of Trainers (ToT) programme for Women Development Officers and other frontline officers who are providing services for women entrepreneurs (Gorup 1)
- capacity building training for women entrepreneurs to grow their access to and engagement with online and e-marketplaces (Group 2)
- In addition to the modules developed for in-person trainings, the advisor is expected to develop multi-media video clips based on the training modules above in Sinhala and Tamil and submit as part of the deliverable. Maximum number of video clips for each group (Group 1- government officers, Group 2- women entreprenurs) is 3, with 5 minutes as the top duration for a clip.
- Based on the results of the rapid needs assessment, conduct ToT programmes for Women Development Officers and other frontline officers who are providing assistance for women entrepreneurs in the districts of Ampara, Colombo, Monaragala, Mullaitivu and Vavuniya.
APPLY ALSO: Project Assistant at UNDP Sri-Lanka
The requirements for National Consultant at UNDP Colombo are:
- Master’s degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Business Administration, Gender Studies, Development Studies, or comparable in appropriate fields of Social Science. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
- At least 2 years of verifiable background in conducting needs assessments, developing training modules or conducting pieces of training on e-commerce, digital marketing, social media marketing or any other related major.
- Previous experience working in the development sector, working with different stakeholders including government officers and women entrepreneurs
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Availability and willingness to travel to the project communities
- Proficiency in English and one of the local languages is demanded.