- Organization: UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Cairo
- Grade: Consultancy – National Consultant – Locally recruited Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Poverty Reduction
- Women’s Empowerment and Gender Mainstreaming
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Project and Programme Management
- Disability Rights
- Sustainable Growth and Growth hacking
- Closing Date: 2023-05-14
UNDP Programe is well arranged and manifestly image Albania’s improvement priorities articulated in the National Strategy for Development and Integration as well as in the Albania-United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2022-2026. Our Programme is alike with the UNDP Global Strategic Plan. It is contributed towards the European Union Integration Agenda through several European Union acquis chapters. The Programme contributes to the goals of several Sustainable Development Goals. Furthermore, Drawing on its reputation and strength as a UN system integrator for Agenda 2030 and trusted impartial partner, UNDP will set economic transformation and eradication of multidimensional poverty and establish systems that address risks disasters and social injustice within the SDGs. In addition ,The key component of UNDP’s means will be integration and innovation.
- Contextual Analysis
- A brief study of the scope and focus of the JP considering the development landscape, and the contextual changes occurring in the country as well.
- Overview of Strategic Results
- The advisor will perform a detailed review and analysis of JP progress reports, results framework, workplan, transmissions materials, and any other relevant documents as made available by UN Women and UNIDO. The consultant will also conduct consultations/interviews with Programme stakeholders including government partners, private sector, and civil society. The consultant will also conduct discussions with Programme beneficiaries of the different components. The sample of beneficiaries to be selected should also take into consideration governorate representation.
- Based on the study of data and review of documents, the consultant will provide an overview of the JP’s assistance to strategic results.
- Results by Joint Programme Outcomes and Outputs
- Based on the analysis of JP materials and talks with stakeholders referenced above, the consultant will review and report on the JP’s progress toward its specific outcomes and outputs. The advisor should offer a draft outline of the final draft prior to commencing the report writing to ensure that it is in line with UN Women and UNIDO reporting requirements.
- Challenges and Transformations
- The advisor will provide a description of the challenges faced by the JP during implementation and explain the suitability of the JP’s responses.
- Local Privilege
- The advisor will review the area to which the Programme takes into consideration local ownership of its accomplishments and the extent it involves various stakeholders in the implementation of its interventions.
- Monitoring and Evaluation System
- The advisor will review the current M&E system of the JP and provide brief recommendations about mainstreaming best practices across the different UN Women and UNIDO components.
- Lessons learned and best practices.
- Based on the review of fabrics and consultations with stakeholders, the consultant will identify lessons learned and best practices from the JP’s performance, with the purpose of identifying suggestions for the successful implementation of the second phase of the JP.
APPLY ALSO: Social Media Copywriting at UNV
- Advanced university degree (bachelor’s degree) in results-based management, economics, finance, business administration, international development, or another appropriate field, is demanded.
- At least 10 years of appropriate work experience including experience in international development, gender, poverty reduction, economic development, and/or private sector development, is demanded.
- Minimum of 5 (five) years of background in results-based management, monitoring and evaluation in developmental contexts required.
- At least 5 (five) years of background working with national institutions, multilateral organizations and/or international development associations required.
- In-depth knowledge of multi-stakeholder and cross-sectoral project/programmes, is an asset.
- Background of working with the UN development system will be an asset.
- Thriving track-record on producing a minimum of 5 reports, reviews, assessments or evaluations of growth programmes, funds, or complex projects overall, with a minimum of 2 conducted on joint programmes, is required.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic is demanded.