- Organization: UNDP – United Nations Development Program
- Location: Tunis
- Grade: Consultancy – National Consultant – Locally recruited Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Closing Date: 2023-05-31
UNDP Programe is well arranged and manifestly image Albania’s improvement priorities articulated in the National Strategy for Development and Integration as well as in the Albania-United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2022-2026. Our Programme is alike with the UNDP Global Strategic Plan. It is contributed towards the European Union Integration Agenda through several European Union acquis chapters. The Programme contributes to the goals of several Sustainable Development Goals. Furthermore, Drawing on its reputation and strength as a UN system integrator for Agenda 2030 and trusted impartial partner, UNDP will set economic transformation and eradication of multidimensional poverty and establish systems that address risks disasters and social injustice within the SDGs. In addition ,The key component of UNDP’s means will be integration and innovation.
The duties for National Consultant at UNDP TUNIS are :
- Carry out a mapping and review of the needs of CSOs working on the promotion of gender equality and the fight against gender-based violence;
- rely on quantitative and qualitative data analysis (through focus group discussions and KII);
- Based on the consultation of CSOs working on gender equality and the fight against gender-based violence, develop a list of suggestions on how to address the main challenges that CSOs face in carrying out their activities;
- must provide disaggregated data that allows UN Women to evaluate the specific needs of these CSOs based on their geographic location, area of work, and registration, among others.
- Submit the final capacity and needs review in French for UN Women’s approval with direct suggestions for UN Women to inform future programming to boost CSOs’ work on gender equality and gender equality. against gender-based violence in Tunisia, from advocacy to performance on the ground, including monitoring.
APPLY ALSO: Agricultural Value Chain Expert
The requirements for National Consultant at UNDP TUNIS are :
- Master’s degree or comparable degree in social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development or related major is required.
- A first-level university degree combined with two additional years of qualifying background may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of background in researching and using quantitative and qualitative data analysis is required.
- Previous experience in conducting civil society research, needs assessment, and/or GBV will be considered an asset.
- Background working with Tunisian CSOs, particularly Jendouba and Kairouan, is an asset.
- Illustrated knowledge and understanding of gender equality and VAW is an asset.
- A proven understanding of the Tunisian context on women in rural areas is an asset
- Fluency in French demanded(written and oral).
- Understanding of other UN working languages is an advantage.