- Organization: WHO – World Health Organization
- Location: Windhoek
- Grade: Consultancy – National Consultant – Locally recruited Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Political Affairs
- Public Health and Health Service
- Legal – Broad
- Democratic Governance
- Civil Society and Local governance
- Closing Date: 2023-05-31
The World Health Organization (WHO) is a technical agency of the United Nations accountable for international public health. It was founded in 1948 and is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with six regional offices and 150 field offices worldwide.WHO’s mission is to encourage health, maintain the world safe, and serve the vulnerable, guided by science and committed to the well-being of all people. The organization works with governments, civil society, international organizations, foundations, advocates, researchers, and health employees to advance the health and security of al.WHO’s areas of involvement include public health, AIDS, malaria, tuberculosis, dengue, and more. The agency is led by a director-general appointed by the WHO Secretariat, which carries out routine operations and helps implement strategies.
The tasks for National Consultant at WHO Namibia are :
- Inception report that contains an overall approach, conceptual framework to carrying out the expected tasks; these include the identification of key issues which the new/revised National Policy on Health Promotion ought to address and latest developments in Health Promotion which will inform the review process.
- A Review Report of the performance of the National Policy on Health Promotion and assessment of opportunities and bottlenecks (status quo).
- Talks with key stakeholders at national, regional, and sub-regional levels on what the revised Policy should address.
- Based on the info from the consultations at national and regional level, submit a revised and revised Policy on Health Promotion for Namibia. The scope of consultation at regional level will be determined in consultation with MOHSS and WHO.
- A costed strategic Implementation Plan including an M&E framework (to be developed concurrently with the fixed text of the Policy).
- Verification workshop with key stakeholders to review and validate the deliverables 4 and 5 (draft Policy and Implementation Plan)
- Last draft Policy and Implementation Plan submitted to MOHSS for approval.
APPLY ALSO: Programme Associate at WFP Namibia
The requirements for National Consultant at WHO Namibia are :
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in public health or connected health programme
- Proven background in policy and strategy applied in the Namibian context;
- Minimum 5 years’ background in and understanding of the field of health promotion.
- Background working with Government Ministries, ideally in document development and review.
- Background in conducting stakeholder consultations and engagements.
- Outstanding written English
- Good understanding and experience of the Namibia Health System
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Very useful presentation and report writing skills.