- Organization: WHO – World Health Organization
- Location: Windhoek
- Grade: Consultancy – National Consultant – Locally recruited Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Public Health and Health Service
- Education, Learning and Training
- Closing Date: 2023-05-30
The World Health Organization (WHO) is a technical agency of the United Nations accountable for international public health. It was founded in 1948 and is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with six regional offices and 150 field offices worldwide.WHO’s mission is to encourage health, maintain the world safe, and serve the vulnerable, guided by science and committed to the well-being of all people. The organization works with governments, civil society, international organizations, foundations, advocates, researchers, and health employees to advance the health and security of al.WHO’s areas of involvement include public health, AIDS, malaria, tuberculosis, dengue, and more. The agency is led by a director-general appointed by the WHO Secretariat, which carries out routine operations and helps implement strategies.
The duties for National Consultant at WHO Namibia are :
- The advisor will help the trainings of regional school health committees and implementation of the health-promoting school initiative in selected regions. The consultant will use the training of trainers’ manual to support these trainings and will coordinate between the regional representatives and MOHSS to ensure that the planned trainings take place. The consultant will also support the implementation of the regional action plans to ensure that the HPSI is introduced in at least 5 schools in each of the selected regions.
- The advisor will consider the recently launched global guidelines on HPSI and adjust the training content accordingly.
- Further, the advisor will provide support to strengthen emergency preparedness in schools to minimize impact of a public health event on learning as well as on the health and wellbeing of the school community.
- supply a brief inception report on how best the assignment will be carried out.
- In talk with WHO and MOHSS identify regions for immediate support and draft a training plan
- Assure that at end of each training workshop the region draft an action plan that incorporates the introduction of the health-promoting school initiative and integrates emergency preparedness.
- Draft a training report after each training and provide an performance status report of the regional action plans.
- Draft an overall project performance report with key recommendations highlighting weakness, strengths, and limitations.
APPL ALSO: Roster Project Assistant at WHO
The requirements for National Consultant at WHO Namibia are :
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in public health or connected health programme
- A PHD in Public Health or connected field.
- Proven background in policy and strategy applied in the Namibian context;
- Minimum 5 years’ background in and understanding of the field of health promotion.
- Background working with Government Ministries, ideally in document development and review.
- Background in conducting stakeholder consultations and engagements.Good knowledge and experience of the Namibia Health and Education System
- Very useful command of written and spoken English.
- Very good representation and report writing skills.