Brief Details About National Consultant – Warehouses Construction – UNICEF – Pakistan:
- Job no: 562431
- Contract type: Consultant
- Duty Station: Islamabad
- Level: Consultancy
- Location: Pakistan
- Categories: Health, Supply Management, Operations
- Advertised: Pakistan Standard Time
- Deadline: Pakistan Standard Time
UNICEF, originally called the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund in full, now officially United Nations Children’s Fund, is an agency of the United Nations responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide.
Apply also: Individual Consultancy-UNICEF-Mozambique
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Monitor each phase of the construction in each location and ensure the conformity with the BOQ
- Ensure that all construction materials are in conformity with standards of safety and longevity for such construction
- Progress monthly report for each LOT
- Level of work done by contractor against the BOQ for LOT (Monthly over a period of 11.5 months)
- Level of completion based on timeline set for contractors (monthly over a period of 11.5 months)
Payment shall be made on monthly basis subject to completion of deliverables.
Required Skills, Education and Experience:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in in Building/Civil Engineering Construction with at least 6 years’ relevant professional experience in construction and project monitoring.
*A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Experience in managing similar multi construction sites project
- Experience in construction monitoring for health/ EPI/ pharmaceutical products an asset
- Familiar with national and each provincial construction protocol and guidelines.
- Experiences in carrying such task in any UN organization is an advantage
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English required. knowledge of a local language is an asset.