- Organization: WHO – World Health Organization
- Location: Lilongwe
- Grade: Junior level – NO-B, National Professional Officer – Locally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Closing Date: 2023-06-07
The World Health Organization (WHO) is a technical agency of the United Nations accountable for international public health. It was founded in 1948 and is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with six regional offices and 150 field offices worldwide.WHO’s mission is to encourage health, maintain the world safe, and serve the vulnerable, guided by science and committed to the well-being of all people. The organization works with governments, civil society, international organizations, foundations, advocates, researchers, and health employees to advance the health and security of al.WHO’s areas of involvement include public health, AIDS, malaria, tuberculosis, dengue, and more. The agency is led by a director-general appointed by the WHO Secretariat, which carries out routine operations and helps implement strategies.
The duties for National Professional Officer at WHO are:
Beneath the supervision and guidance from the COVID-19 incident administration team lead,the Immunisation Officer will support the Implementation of a National COVID-19 Integration into Routine Immunisation and Primary Health Care guidelineProvide technical backing to emphasize districts in operationalizing the integration of COVID-19 vaccination into primary health care, through process development and capacity building. Monitor district progress in COVID-19 vaccination reaction, focusing on the integration of COVID-19 vaccination in Routine Immunisation with emphasis on enhancing access to high-risk groups such as the elderly, persons living with comorbidities, powerless groups, and support priority areas in developing tailored strategies in reaching the unreached. Increase vaccination coverage through improved operational support while also improving vaccine enthusiasm and uptake through gender-responsive community engagement at subnational levels. Support monitoring of vaccine safety-related topics including AEFI surveillance and response activities at the subnational level.Support Sub-national staff in COVID-19 vaccine deployment through supportive supervision, capacity building on recognized gaps, and mentorship support. Increase vaccination coverage through enhanced operational support while also improving vaccine confidence and uptake through gender-responsive community engagement at subnational levels. Perform other tasks assigned by the 1st line supervisor as needed, to support WHO Country office attain its strategic objectives.
APPLY ALSO: Surveillance and SIA Officer at WHO
The requirements for National Professional Officer at WHO are:
- Appropriate university degree in medicine, public health or other related life-science field/ programmes.
- Post-graduate studies or master’s degree inpublic health, epidemiology, vaccinology.
- Minimum of at least two (2) years in public health and/ or communicable disease control and a minimum of one (1) year in coronavirus disease (COVID-19) vaccination introduction and deployment plan and data administration.
- Good knowledge of public health systems,immunization programs and public health emergency management systems.
- Background in new vaccine introduction and vaccination in health emergencies situation.
- Background with WHO or other agencies in the United Nations system would be an asset.
- Expert knowledge of English.