- Organization: WHO – World Health Organization
- Location: Yangon
- Grade: Junior level – NO-A, National Professional Officer – Locally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Documentation and Information Management
- Closing Date: 2023-05-22
The World Health Organization (WHO) is a technical agency of the United Nations accountable for international public health. It was founded in 1948 and is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with six regional offices and 150 field offices worldwide.WHO’s mission is to encourage health, maintain the world safe, and serve the vulnerable, guided by science and committed to the well-being of all people. The organization works with governments, civil society, international organizations, foundations, advocates, researchers, and health employees to advance the health and security of al.WHO’s areas of involvement include public health, AIDS, malaria, tuberculosis, dengue, and more. The agency is led by a director-general appointed by the WHO Secretariat, which carries out routine operations and helps implement strategies.
1. Supply information management services as part of the WHE-ERM team and the Health Cluster (HC) at Yangon and subnational levels for decision-making as per the criteria for Public Health Information Services. These services include data management processes relevant to crisis risk management or health cluster, including maintaining 4Ws (who does what, where, and when). This may demand building additional and appropriate capacity through the training of staff members of the cluster partners;
2. Support ERM team, health cluster and MoH for EWARS (Early Warning Alert and Response System) and Public Health Situation Analysis (PHSA) especially the growth of transmission products arising from emergency risk management and the interface with related WHO programmes;
3. Collect and communicate information – especially for background data and sources of information in-country in support of WHE-ERM and universal health coverage;
4. In cooperation with the relevant focal person in the country office, support to manage content on WHO Myanmar and other relevant web media , undertake quality control for the platform and ensure content is current, comprehensive, and follows appropriate metadata standards; work with external counterparts on related web platforms such as OCHA, Myanmar Information Management Unit (MIMU) and cluster websites to facilitate cross-site search and interoperability;
5. Create and update information products as specified in the “Standards for public health information services in activated health groups and other humanitarian health coordination mechanisms (the Global Health Cluster, May 2017)” such as reports and relevant maps for health cluster bulletins, surveillance reports, 4Ws, resources and gap needs, and sitreps.
6. Growth of simple, user-friendly emergency risk monitoring and reporting formats, building on existing forms in talk with the local authorities, providers of humanitarian and related health assistance and other key stakeholders;
APPLY ALSO: Conflict Specialist UNOPS
- Degree in Information Technology or degree in basic sciences from a identified university or institution of higher learning
Sensual: Post-graduate degree, certificate or comparable professional training, self-study or work experience in information administration in health or related fields.
- Important: At least one (1) year of related work background with information management for humanitarian health emergency preparedness or answer.
Sensual: Prior work background with UN agencies or NGOs in the information management including early warning for disease surveillance for humanitarian health emergency response at national level in Myanmar.
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Excel, MS Access or other comparable database software;
- Working knowledge in geographic information systems or equal cartographic outputs and ability to collect and arrange data to support their production;
- Expert wisdom of English. Expert knowledge of Myanmar.