- Organization: FAO – Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Tbilisi
- Grade: All levels – NPP – National Project Personnel – Local Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Meteorology, Geology and Geography
- Climate Change
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-05-24
The United Nations’ Food and Agriculture Organization is known as FAO. It is a specialized organization of the UN that focuses on global initiatives to end hunger through advancing agriculture. The goal of FAO is to promote sustainable agricultural development, enhance nutrition, and support the lives of rural communities in order to create a world free from hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. The FAO offers member nations technical assistance, gathers and disseminates data, and offers a venue for discussion on matters pertaining to food and agriculture. Additionally, FAO is in the forefront of global initiatives to promote sustainable agriculture and fight hunger and malnutrition.
The duties for National Project Coordinator at FAO are:
- Develop and observe a full GCF Readiness project work plan and associated expenditure plan in coordination with the administration and financial units.
- Design bid documents including ToRs for project experts/consultants working on the various aspects of the project and to the selection process.
- Fund International Climate Change Specialist in conducting an institutional and technical capacity needs assessment and capacity building activities of relevant stakeholders as outlined in the project document, in line with the project work plan.
- Back International Agriculture Specialist in the assessment of the agriculture sector and its subsectors, in line with the project work plan.
- Correspond with the relevant national stakeholders, especially the NDA to ensure maximum delivery and participation in project activities.
- Coordinate timely and quality implementation of overall project components providing technical support and ensuring proper linkages among the components and among consultants and concerned actors.
- Assure that the project team has an integrated approach to developing climate change policies in Georgia.
- Observe the progress of project activities being implemented by consultants, provide feedback on their performance and coordinate with the project board to take corrective measures as needed.
- Correspond logistical arrangements with national stakeholders for the various consultancies under the project.
- Harmonize the development and dissemination of awareness raising materials at the various levels in coordination with communication unit;
- Design workshop, training reports to the GCF using standard formats and submit to FAOR;
- Donate to the project reports including final report (in accordance with GCF reporting requirements);
- Assure that the standard FAO and GCF requirements are fulfilled;
APPLY ALSO: Technical Adviser at FAO Georgia
The requirements for National Project Coordinator at FAO are:
- Advanced university degree (master’s or higher level) in environmental studies, natural resource management, sustainable development, international development, international relations or a closely connected field.
- At least five (5) years of relevant background in project management and/or coordination of environmental projects, or connected disciplines with an international or national NGO, government organization, or UN organization in a multi-cultural office environment.
- Full professional proficiency in English and Georgian. Any additional UN language will be considered beneficial.
- National of Georgia.