- Organization: UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Maputo
- Grade: Junior level – NPSA-9, National Personnel Services Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2023-06-07
UNDP Programe is well arranged and manifestly image Albania’s improvement priorities articulated in the National Strategy for Development and Integration as well as in the Albania-United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2022-2026. Our Programme is alike with the UNDP Global Strategic Plan. It is contributed towards the European Union Integration Agenda through several European Union acquis chapters. The Programme contributes to the goals of several Sustainable Development Goals. Furthermore, Drawing on its reputation and strength as a UN system integrator for Agenda 2030 and trusted impartial partner, UNDP will set economic transformation and eradication of multidimensional poverty and establish systems that address risks disasters and social injustice within the SDGs. In addition ,The key component of UNDP’s means will be integration and innovation.
The duties for National Project Officer at UNDP are :
- Manage the identification, selection and supervision of national experts engaged in the development of risk insurance & risk financing work, including write/revise terms of reference in close cooperation with the UNDP Country Office and the IRFF Regional Advisor;
- In talk with the UNDP Country Office and Global IRFF Team and supported by the Regional Specialists, elaborate/revise the work plan and budget, and submit draft workplans/budgets timely for the bi-annual budget modification process (30 June and 31 December of each year);
- Manage the work of national experts and institutions to ensure outputs are delivered on time, within the set budget, and to high quality standards;
- Oversee relationships and regularly engage and organize all relevant project workshops in a consultative manner in cooperation with project counterparts in Mozambique, involving government partners, responsible parties, private sector, NGOs, donors, and academia;
- In talk with UNDP Country Office in Mozambique, discuss with government partners and other key stakeholders the establishment of relevant steering structures and follow up on the formal establishment and regular convening of the Committee, launch the same for any other proposed coordination mechanism, and write meeting reports to be shared with the UNDP CO and IRFF global;
- Assure timely identification of risks in implementation of activities at the national level and ensure adequate level of communication to the global IRFF team;
- Arrange monthly meetings with IRFF Regional Specialist.
- Signal any delays in national deliverables reached to the workplan to the Regional Specialist and UNDP Country Office;
- Lead project monitoring, reporting and evaluation at the national level, draft monthly and quarterly reports for consideration by Mozambique CO, the Regional Specialist and submission to the global IRFF team;
APPLY ALSO: National Field Officer at UNDP
The requirements for National Project Officer at UNDP are :
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equal) in Finance, Development Management, Public Policy or related major.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a appropriate field with additional two years of qualifying experience may be given due regard in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- At least 2 years (Master’s degree) or four years (Bachelor’s degree) of experience, preferably in the implementation of projects appropriate to insurance and risk finance, sustainable finance, or financial inclusion.
- Previous experience with UNDP projects would be an asset.
- Expertise on designing and enforcing national projects and policies;
- Understanding of multi-discipline solutions and services related to Insurance and Risk Financing;
- Background in collaborating with international and national experts and institutions;
- Useful understanding of key software packages (MS Office).