- Organization: FAO – Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Georgetown
- Grade: All levels – NPP – National Project Personnel – Local Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: 2023-06-02
The United Nations’ Food and Agriculture Organization is known as FAO. It is a specialized organization of the UN that focuses on global initiatives to end hunger through advancing agriculture. The goal of FAO is to promote sustainable agricultural development, enhance nutrition, and support the lives of rural communities in order to create a world free from hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. The FAO offers member nations technical assistance, gathers and disseminates data, and offers a venue for discussion on matters pertaining to food and agriculture. Additionally, FAO is in the forefront of global initiatives to promote sustainable agriculture and fight hunger and malnutrition.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties for National Software Solutions Developer are:
- Contribute greatly to, as well as facilitate client-focused systems development life cycles for effective in-house software solutions and frameworks.
- Design, develop, deploy and upgrade needed in-house software applications relating to the work processes of the Commission.
- Analysis, evaluate and recommend software packages/utilities, technologies, and other programming related tools to enhance the software development environment in particular, and the work environment in general.
- Train end-users and appropriate ISD staff on proper usage, maintenance, and management of implemented software keys and systems.
- Prepare extensive end-user and technical documentation for the software solutions developed.
- Aid with the preparation of work plans and budgets for the Systems Development Section.
- Launch other related responsibilities relative to effective and efficient functioning of the Systems Development Section and ISD.
APPLY ALSO: National Database Analyst at FAO
The requirements for National Software Solutions Developer are:
- Minimum of a Diploma up to a Degree (BSc) in Computer Science, Information Systems, or connected major.
- Minimum 1-2 years of background appropriate to the Terms of Reference
- Working knowledge of English is needed
- National of Guyana.
- Utilizing Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
Using MS SQL Server, MySQL
- VB.net, C or C# (Visual Studio), Java (NetBeans)
- Software development strategies(knowledge of MVC will be an asset)
- Prior background in programming client-focused systems in the land administration sector would be an asset.
- Understanding of mobile application development will be an asset