- Organization: UNV – United Nations Volunteers
- Location: South Sudan
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Technology, Electronics and Mechanics
- Closing Date: 2023-05-11
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) program is a UN organization that encourages peace and development through volunteerism throughout the world. The program proposes volunteer opportunities in 150 countries and has volunteers from 160 countries with eclectic backgrounds and perspectives. UN Volunteers work in different fields such as disaster reply, society empowerment, and endurable livelihoods. If you are curious in serving in a UNV program, you can find a guide to UN volunteer jobs on volunteerforever.com.
• Provide ICT network help /troubleshooting throughout the Mission area.
• Installing, configuring, maintaining network tools and services in a mostly Cisco network environment;
• Ensuring all network cabling and equipment are properly leveled minimizing, if not completely, infrastructure failure;
• Providing backbone support through optical fiber cables to various sites as required;
• Providing support to communications/data connectivity;
• Nursing in the installation, testing, labeling and commissioning of structured Cat5e/Cat6 and fiber optic cables both indoor and outdoor networks;
• Liaising with other sections/units regarding network services;
• Using network administration and monitoring tools to troubleshoot, analyze and report resources utilization;
• Implementing and keeping network security features such as firewalls, SSL-VPN access, IDP/IPS, and Security Management systems;
• Providing the installation of all UTP and STP cables meet the TIA 568B (TIA/EIA TSB-67 standards) or other relevant international standards;
• Assisting with plans for the layout and installation of transmissions closets (cabi-nets/rack) and the terminations of communication cables and/or main distribution points (MDFs);
• Helping with the preparation of specifications for the requisition of equipment and services related to the networking process ;
• Managing and ensuring optimal operation of the Field Office network services;
• Coordinating with other interior and external specialists to ensure proper connectivity of the Field Office network to the Internet and other exterior services;
• Intentional training and mentoring of national colleagues;
• Performing other related duties as demanded. Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:
• Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the idea of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV movements (for in-stance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
• Be acquainted with and build on conventional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
• Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are launching , including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
• Donatearticles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
• Help with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
• Upgrade or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or boost relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically potential.
APPLY ALSO: Driver UNDP South Sudan
- 3 years of background in working with Cisco hardware configuration and implementation. Minimum level of Cisco Certification at the Professional level (CCNP or CCDP) is desirable. Prince2 demanded. Hands on experience with configuring and installing Cisco routers and Unified Communication systems.
Bachelor degree or equal in Computer Science, Electronic/Telecommunications Engineering or other related academic domains.
- English understanding Level is Fluent, Required.
- Arabic understanding Level is Fluent, Desirable.