- Organization: Aga Khan University
- Type: N/A
- Job Title: Senior Assistant, Medical College Administration
- Location: Pakistan/ Karachi
- Close on: N/A
The Aga Khan University (AKU) is a private, non-denominational university that was founded in 1983 in Karachi, Pakistan. It was established by His Highness the Aga Khan, who is the spiritual leader of the Ismaili Muslim community, and the university is named in his honor.
AKU is a research-intensive university that offers a range of undergraduate and graduate programs in health sciences, education, media and communication, and liberal arts and sciences. The university has campuses and programs in several countries, including Pakistan, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, the United Kingdom, and Afghanistan.
AKU is committed to improving the quality of life in developing countries by providing high-quality education, conducting cutting-edge research, and delivering innovative health care services. The university’s research programs focus on a range of issues, including maternal and child health, infectious diseases, cancer, mental health, and health policy.
Also, Apply: NGO Jobs in Bangladesh-Programme Manager
In addition to its academic programs, AKU operates several hospitals and clinics in Pakistan and East Africa, which provide high-quality healthcare services to underserved communities. The university also works closely with local and international partners to deliver health care and education programs in some of the world’s most challenging environments.
AKU is accredited by several international accrediting bodies, including the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council, the Commission on Higher Education in Kenya, and the Middle States Commission on Higher Education in the United States.
About NGO Jobs in Pakistan-Senior Assistant, Medical College Administration
As a division of Pakistan’s Aga Khan University’s Faculty of Health Sciences, the Medical College (MC) was founded in 1983. It places a strong emphasis on the professional, personal, and intellectual growth of teachers and students in order for its graduates to contribute to society and become leaders. The Medical College’s programs are designed to meet international standards for curriculum, student engagement, and assessment. They are intended to foster clinical competence in hospitals and community settings as well as the evaluation of community health and disease prevention through primary healthcare initiatives.
- perform daily administrative and secretarial tasks for Associate Dean
- organise meetings, writing minutes, scheduling appointments with subsequent reminders ‘ Making travel and accommodation arrangements (ticket & hotel booking) and preparing tour itineraries
- provide logistic support for the meetings (laptop and multimedia arrangements, catering request and venue booking etc.)
- complete secretarial/administrative tasks assign by Director Dean’s Office and supervisor
- contribute to major University’s events manage by department
- take care and control equipment in Dean’s office conference Room
- work as a team member of MC Admin and provide administrative support required to conduct classes and exams etc.
- assure excellent customer service for Deans Office by being well informed, assertive, and friendly to ensure that every customer entering the Dean’s office is properly greeted
- being informative of common affairs related to the Dean’s Office and Medical College
- demonstrate promptness of service such as picking and answering phones
- maintain professional attitude and presentable attire
- ensure cleanliness, security and maintenance of furniture & fixture and equipment in the Dean’s office and monitor Dean’s Office Conference Room and its activities
- participate as a team member of the Medical College Administration in continuous quality improvement of the services.
NGO Jobs in Pakistan-Senior Assistant, Medical College Administration Requirments
- a Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related subject is required.
- It is desired that candidates have at least two to three years of professional experience in a comparable position.
- good interpersonal skills
- proficient in use of contemporary software and applications
- ability to meet tight deadlines or problem-solving skills
- multiple task-oriented and able to work in diverse situation
- presentable and receptive attitude.
How to Apply?
- Review the job description: Select a job posting that matches your qualifications and interests. Review the job description carefully to understand the requirements, responsibilities, and qualifications needed for the position.
- Prepare your application: Update your resume/CV and write a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and skills. Be sure to customize your application to the specific job you are applying for.
- Apply online: Follow the instructions on the job posting to apply online. This may include filling out an application form and uploading your resume/CV and cover letter.
- Wait for a response: AKU’s recruitment team will review your application and contact you if they are interested in proceeding with your application. If you don’t hear back within a few weeks, it’s appropriate to follow up with a polite email or phone call to inquire about the status of your application.