One of the biggest private relief organizations in Germany, Welthungerhilfe is apolitically and spiritually impartial. The group advocates “Zero Hunger by 2030.” Since its founding in 1962, it has contributed EUR 4.2 billion to more than 10,369 international initiatives across 70 nations.
Welthungerhilfe provided assistance to 14.3 million individuals in 2020 alone through its 539 international programs in 35 different nations. That actually means that a lot more people are harvesting more, which allows them to enhance their meals. They are less prone to sickness now that they have access to pure drinking water or restrooms at home. Others can start their schooling because they produce more or make more money. With Welthungerhilfe’s assistance, the kids have an opportunity for better physical and emotional growth.
Also, Apply:UN Jobs in South Sudan-TRANSPORT OFFICER
About NGO Jobs in South Sudan-Expert WASH
The job will have a one-year starting contract and needs to be filled as soon as feasible. The likelihood of an increase is favorable. Juba, South Sudan, will serve as the place for employment, with regular trips to the project sites.
Welthungerhilfe (WHH) South Sudan is seeking for an experienced WASH Expert to grow WASH and integrated initiatives. The WASH Expert creates and implements the WASH strategy, takes part in creating the country’s program strategy, and continually improves the viability and quality of WASH-components in programs suggested and carried out by WHH in South Sudan. While overseeing the application of WHH’s WASH strategy to emergency, transitional, and development solutions, s/he supports integrated programming. The Expert works closely with the Head of Program Implementation (HoPI), Head of Projects, Field specialists, MEAL manager, and Grant Reporting Manager while reporting to the Head of Program Development, Quality, and Strategy (HoPDQS). The WASH Expert is in charge of keeping up a strong network with funders, collaborators, and government officials.
Responsibilities of the NGO Jobs in South Sudan-Expert WASH
- Maintain strategic leadership and coordination of the WASH component to the program development, implementation and quality
- Ensure consistency and harmonization of WHH approaches for the WASH sector in South Sudan as per developed SOPs and propose new solutions
- Lead towards guidelines including technical standards for water and sanitation facilities, behaviour change communication, hygiene promotion and menstrual hygiene management based on the developed WHH strategy
- Ensure projects are compliant with WHH and donor WASH guidelines, international standards (SPHERE, CHS), national frameworks, laws and policies, Clusters recommendations
- In collaboration with the MEAL Manager, develop and/or contextualize monitoring and needs assessment tools, participate in WASH program monitoring and evaluation
- Support the emergency preparedness and response plan (EPReP) and process to enable quick and appropriate response to disasters
- Update WASH strategy and guidelines for WHH South Sudan, ensuring the development and consolidation of integrated approaches with other sectors
- Provide strategic and technical leadership in WASH program design, developing new approaches, intervention areas, and activities, and ensuring high quality implementation, incorporating best practices from multiple countries
- Contribute to the country strategy formulation, planning new projects/programs
- Contribute to identify trends, donor priorities and partnership opportunities
- Represent WHH in WASH meetings, Clusters, technical working groups and coordination fora as agreed with the line manager
- Participate in developing proposals and donor reports
- Provide technical support to the technical teams and Heads of Projects
- Contribute to recruitment, ongoing supervision and evaluation of staff in the WASH sector
- Organise capacity development and coaching/mentoring events throughout the organisation on the implementation of WASH strategies and guidelines
Requirements of the NGO Jobs in South Sudan-Expert WASH
- a college or polytechnic degree in water management, economic development, rural development, or a related field, or comparable training relevant to the job
- 4 years or more of steadily increasing expertise with a track record of creating and overseeing WASH-related initiatives in unstable environments while working for an INGO
- excellent written and verbal English; knowledge of Arabic would be advantageous