IRC (International Rescue Committee) is a global humanitarian organization that provides aid and support to people affected by conflict, displacement, and natural disasters. It was founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein and has since provided assistance to millions of people in crisis around the world.
IRC operates in over 40 countries and responds to both acute and protracted crises, focusing on four main areas: health, safety, education, and economic wellbeing. Their programs include providing emergency shelter, food, and water; healthcare services; education and vocational training; and support for economic development and self-sufficiency.
Also, Apply:NGO Jobs in Pakistan-Country Director (M/F)
In addition to its humanitarian work, IRC also advocates for policies and programs that support the rights and needs of refugees and displaced people, and works to raise awareness and build public support for humanitarian causes.
IRC is funded by donations from individuals, foundations, and governments, and is accountable to its donors, partners, and the people it serves.
About NGO Jobs in USA-Client Advocate (Dari Speaking)
The Safety & Wellness Program in Sacramento offers specialized services and support to immigrant and refugee crime survivors. The client advocate will offer care coordination and trauma-informed case management to address survivors’ continuing needs and challenges. This is an excellent chance to make a difference by expanding wellness programs and assisting victims of abuse in rebuilding their lives. Additionally, this job will oversee the delivery of educational programs that encourages safety and security in refugee communities.
Responsibilities of the NGO Jobs in USA-Client Advocate (Dari Speaking)
- Provide case management and trauma-informed services to Afghan Survivor of Combat including individualized service plans, care coordination, and referrals to supportive services;
- Serve as a point person for staff and clients in navigating the social and community services for survivor of torture ;
- Support clients in navigating moments of crisis, including safety planning and coordination with emergency services.
- Coordinate educational activities for the Survivor Services team including, but not limited to, cultural orientation, safety and crime prevention workshops, and community engagement events.
- Implement outreach activities to promote awareness of victims’ rights, resources, and the Survivor Services program within the greater Sacramento immigrant community.
- Provide comprehensive language access to clients through bi-lingual and culturally congruent services.
- Promote safe spaces for disclosure and conversations regarding trauma and experiences of victimization, including gender-based violence and women’s rights.
- Assist in overall client wellness activities within the Sacramento office.
- Ensure accurate case notes and tracking of screenings, services, referrals, and outcomes.
- Refer clients to the appropriate service providers and resources as needed.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with referral organizations to ensure survivors have access to culturally and linguistically appropriate services including safe housing, mental and physical health services, legal services, and employment and educational services.
- Oversee volunteers and interns involved, assigned to the projects.
- Assist in completion of objectives and reporting for relevant grants.
- Participate in relevant program meetings, staff development activities, and fully engage as a team member.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Requirements of the NGO Jobs in USA-Client Advocate (Dari Speaking)
- The ideal educational prerequisite is a bachelor’s degree in social work, however similar work experience may be substituted.
- 4+ years of experience professionally serving survivors is necessary. Preferably, you have expertise working with refugee populations or case management.
- Requires extensive knowledge and comfort while assisting people in difficult circumstances. Strong preference for prior multicultural expertise and a track record of effective intercultural communication;
- Fluency in other languages relevant to the present refugee populations (Pashto, Arabic, Farsi, Ukrainian, Russian, etc.) is encouraged. Fluency in written and spoken English.
Advantages of the NGO Jobs in USA-Client Advocate (Dari Speaking)
We provide a wide range of advantages that are very competitively priced. A 403b retirement savings plan with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program that is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and other services are among the benefits offered in the US. These include 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20–25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental insurance starting at $7 per month, and vision insurance starting at $5 per month.
How to Apply?
you can apply directly through the website by submitting your application materials, which typically include a cover letter, resume, and any additional documents or information requested in the job posting.
It’s important to carefully review the job requirements and qualifications before applying, and tailor your application materials to demonstrate how your skills and experience match the position. It’s also a good idea to research the organization and its mission to understand if it aligns with your own values and goals.