The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and regain control of their future.
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. See a timeline of the IRC’s rich history.
The mission of the IRC is to help people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and gain control of their future.
Also, Apply:NGO Jobs in USA-Cultural Orientation Training Specialist
About NGO Jobs in USA-Crisis and Safety Coordinator
The IRC is starting a program to help those who have been forcefully uprooted from their nation and are new to the community adjust and be more resilient. The coordinator of the mental health program will do the following five duties:
- Provide specialized and intensive support as needed to IRC clients who may be experiencing a mental health crisis or safety concern.
- Coordinate with community partners to create referral pathways and partnership.
- Support Psychosocial Specialists who will be providing an identified evidence-based intervention with individuals and families.
- Provide consultation and technical support to IRC staff who need assistance with crisis and safety interventions.
- Build the capacity of internal and external stakeholders as it relates to supporting the mental health, adjustment, and resilience of newly arrived refugees, people forcibly displaced, and foreign national victims.
Responsibilities of the NGO Jobs in USA-Crisis and Safety Coordinator
- Serve as the point person for the office in implementation of crisis pathway interventions for clients experiencing behavioral health concerns, interpersonal violence, substance use disorders and other related mental health issue.
- Enhance and sustain partnerships with community mental health agencies to expand available resources to clients.
- Support or provide intake and assessment to individuals and families.
- Coordinate care of waitlisted clients.
- Coordinate referrals to outside mental health services.
- Facilitate workshops or support groups to support the mental health, adjustment and resilience of IRC clients.
- Ensure follow-up care for clients of concern.
- Work with the local office and IRC national leadership to develop or refine mental health and crisis related protocols.
- Support and build the capacity of IRC staff to ensure they can effectively provide psychosocial support utilizing skills such as psychological first aid, de-escalation, empathetic listening.
- Support Mental Health Specialists to implement identified evidence-based interventions with individuals and families.
- Provide training and guidance to IRC staff on behavioral health and trauma-informed practice.
- Provide training on cultural humility and culturally responsive services to community mental health agencies.
- Document activities through case noting and data entry.
- Evaluate effectiveness of program related to client progress and individual service plan objectives.
- Monitor data quality and track program data
- Generate accurate and timely reports
- Complete established training and participate in weekly consultation and/or supervision.
- Follow all policies, procedures, and protocols of the agency
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements of the NGO Jobs in USA-Crisis and Safety Coordinator
- Requires a master’s degree with a concentration in social services or mental health.
- Three years of increasingly more responsible experience in the social services and mental health fields
- Fluency in English
- Although it is not necessary, being bilingual in another language