The International Rescue Committee provides assistance to those whose lives and means of subsistence are destroyed by conflict and catastrophe so that they can endure, recover, and take charge of their future.
The International Rescue Committee reacts to the worst humanitarian crises in the world by assisting those who have been harmed by war or natural disasters to regain their health, safety, education, economic security, and access to power. Check out the IRC’s lengthy chronology.
The IRC’s goal is to assist those whose lives and means of support have been destroyed by war or natural catastrophe in surviving, recovering, and taking charge of their future.
Also, Apply:UN Jobs in USA-Consultant to develop report on promising sectors
About NGO Jobs in USA-Intensive Case Management Casework Assistant
The Intensive Case Management (ICM) Casework Assistant assists the ICM team in providing strengths-based, client-centered case management services to a wide range of particularly vulnerable refugee, asylee, and other eligible clients, including but not limited to single-headed households, survivors of domestic violence and gender-based violence, older people, youth and young adults without parents or permanent guardians, individuals experiencing mental health or psyc issues, and individuals with disabilities. (LGBTQ). In order to remove obstacles and assist the execution of service plans that suit specific client needs and preferences in line with client eligibility and program criteria, they collaborate closely with clients, colleagues, and outside parties.
Responsibilities of the NGO Jobs in USA-Intensive Case Management Casework Assistant
- Assist in enrolling clients and determining eligibility at intake; if clients are found to be ineligible for services, provide relevant referrals.
- Assist in the development of self-sufficiency plans for especially vulnerable clients.
- Assist in evaluating client progress every six months during the program to determine the client’s progress toward goals.
- Assist clients in navigating healthcare and social service systems, which may include helping clients apply for benefits and attend and schedule appointments.
- Assist in mapping out community resources and making client referrals to community partners.
- Provide clients with extended orientation on a variety of topics such as women’s health, navigating transportation systems, and navigating physical healthcare systems at the local level.
- Conduct community outreach to service providers to ensure client needs are met.
- Support ICM teams in response to client crises.
- Assist clients and ICM team members in requesting financial assistance when applicable and track the received financial assistance in the client’s case file.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation in client’s case file to ensure services are properly documented throughout the client’s service period; document all services provided in IRC’s database, Efforts to Outcomes (ETO).
- Attend relevant trainings and meetings at the local and national level.
- Use personal, insured vehicle and/or public transportation (where available) to travel and transport clients and materials as needed throughout the service delivery area.
- May train and lead the activities of volunteers and interns.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements of the NGO Jobs in USA-Intensive Case Management Casework Assistant
- Social work, public health, or a related area of study bachelor’s degree recommended.
- Strongly preferred: Relevant professional experience working with clients who have comparable requirements or demographics.
- Both oral and written English competence are essential; knowledge of the language(s) used by the client group is desired.