The International Rescue Committee provides assistance to those whose lives and means of subsistence are destroyed by conflict and catastrophe so that they can endure, recover, and take charge of their future.
The International Rescue Committee reacts to the worst humanitarian crises in the world by assisting those who have been harmed by war or natural disasters to regain their health, safety, education, economic security, and access to power. Check out the IRC’s lengthy chronology.
The IRC’s goal is to assist those whose lives and means of support have been destroyed by war or natural catastrophe in surviving, recovering, and taking charge of their future.
Also, Apply: NGO Jobs in USA-Social Emotional Learning Teacher
About NGO Jobs in USA-Intensive Case Management Caseworker
For particularly vulnerable refugees, asylees, and other ORR-eligible groups, the Intensive Case Management (ICM) Caseworker will address obstacles to safety and wellbeing. The ICM caseworker will be expected to offer strengths-based, client-centered case management to single-headed refugee households, survivors of domestic violence and gender-based violence, older refugees, youth and young adults without parents or permanent guardians, refugees going through mental health or psychological difficulties, refugees with physical disabilities or medical conditions, unexpected refugee arrivals and secondary migrants, and refugees who identify with any of the aforementioned groups. (LGBTQ).
They collaborate closely with clients, coworkers, and outside parties to develop service plans that take into account each client’s unique needs and preferences. These plans may make use of a variety of financial, medical, social, vocational, and other services and resources, depending on the client’s eligibility and the needs of the program.
Responsibilities of the NGO Jobs in USA-Intensive Case Management Caseworker
Among others, but not exclusively, responsibilities are:
- Determine client eligibility for ICM programming and conduct intake assessments, review program expectations, outcomes, and confidentiality with each potential client.
- Develop individualized, SMART Self-sufficiency plans for each client enrolled in the ICM program.
- Evaluate client progress every six months during active program enrollment to determine the client’s progress towards goals and work with the client to identify new needs and actions needed.
- Assist clients in navigating healthcare and social service systems, which may include helping clients apply for benefits and attend and schedule appointments.
- Conduct community outreach and maintain a strong network of service providers that meet client needs. The ICM caseworker may also be expected to maintain a strong relationship with local and state level refugee coordinators and health coordinators to ensure client needs are met.
- Provide clients with extended orientation on a variety of topics such as women’s health, navigating transportation systems, and navigating physical healthcare systems at the local level.
- Respond to client crises, with guidance from supervisor as needed.
- Assist clients with requesting financial assistance when applicable and track the received financial assistance within case files.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation in client’s case file to ensure services are properly documented throughout the client’s service period; document all services provided in IRC’s database, Efforts to Outcomes (ETO).
- Attend relevant trainings and meetings at the local and national level.
- May train and lead the activities of volunteers and interns.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements of the NGO Jobs in USA-Intensive Case Management Caseworker
- Social work, public health, or a related area of study bachelor’s degree recommended.
- Case management expertise with comparable populations and/or client requirements for at least one to two years is necessary.
- Both oral and written English competence are essential; knowledge of the language(s) used by the client group is desired.