The International Rescue Committee provides assistance to those whose lives and means of subsistence are destroyed by conflict and catastrophe so that they can endure, recover, and take charge of their future. The International Rescue Committee reacts to the worst humanitarian crises in the world by assisting those who have been harmed by war or natural disasters to regain their health, safety, education, economic security, and access to power. Check out the IRC’s lengthy chronology. The IRC’s goal is to assist those whose lives and means of support have been destroyed by war or natural catastrophe in surviving, recovering, and taking charge of their future.
Also, Apply:NGO Jobs in USA-Multilingual Casework Assistant
About NGO Jobs in USA-Youth Program Specialist
The Newcomer Youth Summer Academy, Youth Tutoring, Leaders in Training, and School Success Coaching are just a few of the youth programs offered by IRC in New York that the Youth Program Specialist assists in the efficient running of. This entails assisting with supply purchases, managing Google Suite accounts, arranging for student transit, meals, field excursions, leisure activities, and special events, as well as communicating with collaborators. They collaborate closely with coworkers to ensure that the Youth Program’s goals and objectives are met by teaming up with parents, partner groups, school employees, and immigrant youth themselves. Reporting to the coordinator of the youth program is this job.
Requirements of the NGO Jobs in USA-Youth Program Specialist
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree in education, business/logistics, or related field preferred
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience coordinating operations/logistics, preferably in a youth education setting
- Experience working with refugee and/or immigrant populations highly desirable
- Experience working with the New York City Public School system highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to promote an organizational culture that reflects IRC’s core values of service, accountability, integrity, and equality. Ability to lead in a way that recognizes that IRC’s work is best accomplished through the true collaboration of individuals from many cultures with a great variety of skills and perspectives.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Attentive to detail
- Fluent in MS Office applications, especially MS Excel
- Ability to work well with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Ability and willingness to work Saturdays and occasional evenings
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Organized, responsible, and flexible: able to maintain responsibility for multiple tasks in the context of a diverse, fast-paced work environment
- Fluency in English required; fluency in a second language highly desired (such as: Dari, Pashto, Ukrainian, Russian, Spanish, French)