- Organization: IRC – International Rescue Committee
- Location: Sabha
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Medical Doctor
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian helps, relief, and improvement non-governmental organization. It was founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association and altered its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the alike Emergency Rescue Committee. The IRC answers to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and assists people to survive and rebuild their lives by restoring health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to mankind. The organization provides assistance in different areas such as primary health care, reproductive health care, environmental health, child survival, blindness treatment and prevention, and assistance for victims of sexual violence. The IRC has a high rating for accountability and finance.
- Below the supervision of the senior medical team leader, the Gynecologist is responsible for:
Assessing, Diagnosing and Treating patients with available primary and reproductive health clinical capacity.
- Aid obstetric and gynecologic care including during preconception, prenatal, natal, and postnatal periods, family planning counselling and syndromic management to STDs at detention centers/ internally displaced people’s camps or Primary health care centers and refer more severe cases to other specialized service provider.
- Gather, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical histories, reports, and examination results.
- help professional medical care to the highest quality and in accordance with national and international laws, protocols, and standards.
- Observe patients’ conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary
- perform home visits for medical consultation of beneficiaries if required
- Liaise with pharmacies, laboratories and other providers to assure quality care as requested by the hierarchy.
- perform relevant health education for each treated patient with proper explanation and medical advices
- assure proper and clear documentation of clinical findings and treatment plans
APPLY ALSO: Support Services Officer UNOPS
- Bachelor degree in Medicine and Surgery with a valid practice license from Libyan Ministry of Health
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of background working as gynecologist
- Related experience working at NGOs with similar role is an advantage
- Adequte understanding of the principles of health care services levels, diagnostic procedures, Libyan health systems, healthcare providers in all sectors, and medical case definitions.
- Self-directed, able to independently set priorities and solve Challanges with minimal guidance
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communication skills in both Arabic & English
- Understand IRC Way, standards for professional perform; Integrity, Service, Accountability