- Organization: UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: Bangkok | Mae Sot
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Scientist and Researcher
- Closing Date:
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a worldwide organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights, and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people. They work to make sure that everyone has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge, having fled violence, persecution, or war at home. UNHCR has been setting essential protection and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced, and stateless people since 1950. They have a presence in many countries around the world, and give information and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, and stateless people.
– Control the use, maintenance and technical help of databases used in the Operation, including planning and overseeing data exhibition, input and guarantees ; production of standard and ad hoc reports.
– Generate statistical reports based on the common reporting forms and ad-hoc reports, charts and tables as required by the management.
– Supply training, as necessary, to UNHCR staff as well as staff members of implementing partners in relevant aspects of data management.
– May be demanded to conform with the GIS colleagues to ensure that data collection is compatible with GIS.
– Archive and backup database systems; ensure security of databases; perform database officeholder functions.
– Assist in development of new applications/databases required by the UNHCR Offices/Units in area of duties in order to perform their tasks smoothly.
– Ensure that the clients’ databases are up-to-date by selecting and keeping what is relevant and accurate in an accessible manner.
– May be required to fund registration activities including ProGres technological support and on-site assistance.
– May be required to support voluntary repatriation activities including reconciliation of VolRep data from country of asylum and encashment centers, proof of Voluntary Repatriation Forms (VRFs) and coordination with VolRep Centers (VRCs) on information issues.
– Generate forms and tools for data collection and calculation.
– Have access to relevant data and records.
APPLY ALSO: Support Services Officer UNOPS
3 years relevant background with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor’s or comparable or higher
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Command of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Command of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Command of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.