Operational Information Management & Performance Reports Officer, WFP, Pakistan:
- Job Title: Operational Information Management & Performance Reports Officer
- Grade: NOA
- Type of contract: Fixed Term
- Salary: Starting from PKR. 399,302 per month.
- Duration: 12 months
- Duty Station: Karachi
- Vacancy Number: 827693
- Date of Publication: 22 June 2023
- Deadline of Application: 06 July 2023
The World Food Programme is an international organization within the United Nations that provides food assistance worldwide. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization and the leading provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, WFP is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
Apply also: Officer Communication, DACAAR, Afghanistan
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Implement Provincial Office specific reporting and communication work plans designed to maintain and enhance the visibility and reputation of WFP ensuring alignment with overall communications and WFP strategies
• Contribute to communications through good research and analysis of assigned area of work, and by supporting the preparation and distribution of information products to target audience
• Generate donor specific visibility content including donor branding, text, photos, videos and audio in order to support global and country fund-raising activities, ensuring consistency with corporate messages
• Collate outreach data and contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reports, Support communications activities that enable informed decision making and ensures consistency of information presented to the media and other stakeholders
• Support capacity building of WFP Provincial Office staff on all aspects of communication, provides advice and guidance within area and level of expertise, in order to ensure that all activities meet desired standards of consistency, quality and impact. For example, the design and review of training materials
• Liaise and interact with WFP staff and external counterparts to support aligned activities and a coherent approach to communications within WFP
• Support Country Office in managing the flow of news/information about WFP’s work to the media in order to support regular and appropriate communications
• Support Country Office towards social media plan by providing inputs for social media posts and short documentaries, and utilizing platforms, networks and partners to enhance coverage and support of WFP’s activities
• Monitor and analyze traditional and social media to inform the development and/or evaluation of communication activities and strategies
• Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support WFP to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of a crisis
• Other as required.
Advanced University degree in Journalism, International Relations, Public Relations, Communications or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses
At least 7 to 8 years of experience with three years of professional postgraduate / managerial experience in communication and advocacy, preferably in the development field. Strong skills in drafting communication products including briefs, press release and related instruments are considered an asset.
Knowledge & Skills:
• General knowledge of information management best practices, techniques and processes with some understanding of the basic theoretical background.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including substantive analysis and report writing skills.
• Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly assimilate, UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
Fluency in English and Urdu. Knowledge of Sindhi will be an added advantage.
How to Apply?
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
It is important to WFP to create an accessible and inclusive workplace for everyone. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the selection and hiring process, please direct your request and inquiries to the Diversity and Inclusion team on: firstname.lastname@example.org, cc’ing email@example.com. A member of the reasonable accommodation team will contact you to confidentially discuss your needs.
This email is only to be used for any disability related accessibility requirements, and not for sending the application itself. Due to volume of applications, any applications or CVs sent through this email address will not be considered as a formal application and will not receive a reply from WFP.