- Organization: UNV – United Nations Volunteers
- Location: South Sudan
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Medical Practitioners
- Closing Date: 2023-05-17
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) program is a UN organization that encourages peace and development through volunteerism throughout the world. The program proposes volunteer opportunities in 150 countries and has volunteers from 160 countries with eclectic backgrounds and perspectives. UN Volunteers work in different fields such as disaster reply, society empowerment, and endurable livelihoods. If you are curious in serving in a UNV program, you can find a guide to UN volunteer jobs on volunteerforever.com.
• Designing, updating, and implementing a mission list for drugs and medical consumables, based on generic drugs created according to the World Health Organization (WHO) standards.
• Maintaining a system for ongoing assessments of drug safety in Level 1 Clinic.
• Offering day-to-day advice on pharmaceutical issues.
• Advising the medical officer/requisitioner on the specification of drugs to be requisitioned.
• Offering a prudent scale of issue for the planning of re-supply.
• Donating to the facilitation of an unimpeded supply of drugs, medical consumables, vaccines, condoms (male and female) and blood in the mission.
• Observing the consumption of drugs, laboratory reagents, medical and surgical consumables at the Level-I Clinic.
• Aiding the health team in the treatment and side effect monitoring.
• Allocating valid prescriptions and medical supplies to patients of Level 1 Clinic.
• Storing and record keeping of stocks.
• Analysis for the applicable medical supplies and equipment according to recommended guidelines.
• Partaking in logistics operations pertaining to the management of expired supplies and re-distribution of medical supplies within the Mission area.
• Carrying out appropriate and regular reporting on demand by Head Pharmacist
APPLY ALSO: Strategic Planning Officer UNV
- 5 years of background in Pharmaceutical Sciences, B.Sc. Pharmacy, License in Pharmacy, D. Pharm or equivalent.
- Experience in a UN mission or large international association an asset.
- Have affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, post-conflict positions, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- Sound security attention.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable in Pharmaceutical Sciences from an accredited University: B.Sc. Pharmacy, License in Pharmacy, D. Pharm or equivalent.
- English understanding Level is Fluent, Required.