- Organization: UNOPS – United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Amman
- Grade: Administrative support – LICA-6, Local Individual Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2023-06-01
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is a UN agency that implements infrastructure and procurement projects for the UN System, international financial institutions, governments, and another partners over the world. UNOPS offers implementation, advisory, and transactional services in its five core areas of expertise.. It supply projects in more than 80 countries worldwide, with a portfolio of $3.4 billion in 2021. UNOPS often works in post-disaster and peace and security settings, improving countries, and economies in transition. UNOPS is a member of the United Nations Sustainable Development Group and works closely with other UN entities such as the UNDP, the DPO, and the World Bank.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties of Procurement Associate at UNOPS Jordan are :
- Transactional Procurement Support assistance
- Procurement planning, petitions and sourcing
- Bidding and tendering procedures
- Contract management
- Team Administration
- Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing
APPLY ALSO: Information and Communication Technology Internship
The requirements for Procurement Associate at UNOPS Jordan are :
- Fulfillment of secondary school is demanded.
- First University Degree in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, or related areas is alluring but not required.
- Appropriate certificate in procurement and supply chain management (CIPS or similar) is a distinct advantage
- A minimum of six (6) years of appropriate background in providing procurement support services in national and/or international public or corporate organizations is required.
- Background in working with a range of stakeholders in developing countries is highly desired.
- Some background in UN system organizations is desirable.
- Proficiency in computers and office software packages (MS Office) and experience in handling of web-based management systems is demanded.
- Background in the use of Enterprise systems, including OneUNOPS, is desirable
- Full working command of English, and Arabic is required .
- Understanding of another official UNOPS language is an asset.