- Organization: WFP – World Food Programme
- Location: Mozambique
- Grade: Consultancy – SB-4 (SC8/SC9), Service Contract, Local Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Architecture, Building and Property Management
- Infrastructure and Urban-Rural development
- Closing Date: 2023-06-07
The World Food Program (WFP) is the top humanitarian agency that provides food aid in dire situations and collaborates with locals to boost nutrition and resilience. The United Nations created it in 1961 to aid in reducing global hunger. 80 nations are home to WFP offices, which have its main headquarters in Rome. The biggest humanitarian organization in the world, it is also the main supplier of school meals. In order to promote nutrition initiatives, policies, and programs, such as school meals and food fortification, WFP collaborates with governments, other UN agencies, NGOs, and the corporate sector.
The duties for Procurement Officer at WFP Mozambique are :
This post is located in WFP Mozambique Country Office based in Maputo, Beneath the direct management of the Head of Procurement. The incumbent is anticipated to illustrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to questions and problems with only general guidance. The job holder is demanded to oversee procurement of building services that includes but not restricted to construction of minimum infrastructure in schools to assure the safe storage of food and the preparation of meals to be delivered to Primary School students. Job holders supervise, provide specialized advice, coach and coordinate a team of support staff as well.
WFP Mozambique is looking for a nominee with an engineering or construction management background with procurement experience in similar projects.
To collect, analyse and report on data to maximise the efficiency of procurement processes and activities.
APPLY ALSO: National Field Officer at UNDP
The requirements for Procurement Officer at WFP Mozambique are :
- Advanced University Degree in Civil Engineering, and/or Construction Management, Business Administration, Legal or other appropriate major, or First University degree with an additional relevant work experience and/or training/courses.
- Five or more years of appropriate Civil Engineering, Construction Management or Construction Procurement.
- Knowledge and/or background in engineering design, standards and implementation.
- Knowledge of FIDIC Contracts is beneficial.
- Knowledge and/or background in project and contract management.
- Background in planning and supervision of community infrastructure projects.
- Microsoft office suite (level 4/5 proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Project);
- Fluency in both oral and written transmission in the Portuguese and English.