- Organization: WFP – World Food Programme
- Location: Sanaa
- Grade: Mid level – P-4, International Professional – Internationally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-05-30
The World Food Program (WFP) is the top humanitarian agency that provides food aid in dire situations and collaborates with locals to boost nutrition and resilience. The United Nations created it in 1961 to aid in reducing global hunger. 80 nations are home to WFP offices, which have its main headquarters in Rome. The biggest humanitarian organization in the world, it is also the main supplier of school meals. In order to promote nutrition initiatives, policies, and programs, such as school meals and food fortification, WFP collaborates with governments, other UN agencies, NGOs, and the corporate sector.
The duties for Procurement Officer at WFP Yemen are :
- Partake in the growth and performance of country sourcing strategies or specialist procurement initiatives that support effective and cost-optimising purchase decisions.
- Nourish oversight, guidance and support with/to COs with complicated procurement needs (such as involving high value commodities, a wide range of programs, combination of specialised nutritional foods) on enforcing best practice procurement policies and procedures, ensuring a strategic, forward purchasing approach to procurement in compliance with wider WFP policies, standards and regulations.
- Lead the performance of highly complex procurement projects in COs to ensure successful procurement of food and non-food items or services.
- Develop and sustain strong relationships with all relevant suppliers in order to improve service delivery and resolve supplier-related issues.
- Handle and correspond effective relationships with inspection and superintendent firms to ensure quality control, specification conformity, volume assessment, monitoring and verification of deliveries.
- Work in close collaboration with senior cross-functional colleagues to align procurement activities and promote an integrated supply-chain approach to food allowance.
- Manage the practiceof accurate and timely reports of procurement activities to contribute to a WFP wide view that enables informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders leading to implementation optimization.
- Manage or lead all auditing of procurement activities ensuring recommendations are responded to appropriately to assure conformity with compliance rules.
APPLY ALSO: Finance Assistant at WHO Yemen
The requirement for Procurement Officer at WFP Yemen are :
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Engineering, Legal or Accounting or other relevant field, or Bachelor’s degree with additional years of connected work background and/or training/courses.
- You have at least eight years of post-graduate, progressively responsible skilled experience in:
- Corresponding supply chain operations (including procurement of food, goods, and services)
- Handling the physical purchase of commodities/goods/services in complex situations (e.g., evaluating offers and creating recommendations)
- Handling suppliers including but not limited to retailers, wholesalers and traders.
- Managing skilled staff
- Vendor Governance
- Fluency (level C) in the English language
- Medium knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or Portuguese (a WFP working language)
- Proficient working proficiency in Arabic is desirable.