Brief Details About Program Support Assistant Job at FAO in Bangladesh:
- Organization: FAO – Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Dhaka
- Grade: All levels – NPP – National Project Personnel – Local Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2023-05-23
What is FAO?
By enhancing agricultural, forestry, and fishery practices, the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), a United Nations body, seeks to end world hunger and alleviate poverty. FAO was founded in 1945 and is an impartial intergovernmental agency that supports sustainable agriculture via national policies and regulations with the goal of reducing hunger and poverty. The FAO, which is supported by developed nations and development banks, frequently uses public-private partnerships to establish sustainable food supplies, resources, and operational systems in countries.
Apply also: VN 2023 180 Resources Management Officer Job at IOM in Bangladesh
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to a variety of routine queries and provide clarifications on programme and project matters; inform management and team members of processes, procedures and timeframes to secure administrative services needed for programme/project execution; initiate correspondence to verify data, obtain additional information on transactions and budgetary matters.
- Assist in programme interventions of emergency projects as well as Programme Unit.
- Assist ERU/Programme team lead to represent HCTT Clusters and Working Group meetings and internal emergency/project meetings.
- Initiate capacity development activities of ERU/Programme team and projects partners.
- Assist NPS-ERU to liaison with the Government Offices and partnership management for effective programme implementation.
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly reporting according to prescribe templates for programme and donors
- Management and record keeping of important project related documents (contracts, amendments, letters) and other relevant resources as required
- Assist ERU/Programme Units donors and partners mapping with regular updating of relevant tools
- Preliminary research work and context analysis to support project design and fundraising prospects
- Assemble and synthesize data from different sources to facilitate the analysis of programmes, projects and activities, and to draft periodic or ad hoc management reports
- Screen incoming correspondence to identify issues requiring further attention and draft related correspondence
- Provide administrative and logistics support to programme meetings, workshops and conferences, draft meeting minutes.
- Review current processes and make recommendations to improve programme/projects administration procedures
- Prepare event/workshop/seminar budgets; cash advance requests, process vendor’s payment requests through DV for matched and unmatched invoices. Arrange local travel, hotel accommodations and flight bookings for national project staffs, visitors and consultants.
- Participate in all programme meetings and take meeting minutes for further follow up with project supervisors and ERU team
- Any other task assigned by the Supervisor.
- Bachelor in science or social science discipline. Preference will be given to candidates with undergraduate and/or postgraduate degree in Environmental Science/Climate Change, Geography, Agriculture, Statistics, and Development Studies.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience to handle a programme and information management including work experience with national and international NGO’s, Universities, UN agencies, governments and donors.
- Working knowledge of English.
- National of Bangladesh.
- Strong analytical skills: ability to summarize and present complex information in effective manner.
- Skills in networking, negotiation, persuasion and advocacy for mainstreaming new concepts and approaches.
- Timely completion of assigned tasks
- Fluency in English and Bangla (both oral and written);
- Proficient computer skills – Microsoft Office software, email, internet, spread sheets;
- Survey designs questionnaire development;
- Skills in staff management and capacity development.
How to Apply?
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
- Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
- Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
- Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org