Brief Details About Program Support Assistant Job at FAO in Bangladesh :
- Organization: FAO – Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Dhaka
- Grade: All levels – NPP – National Project Personnel – Local Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2023-05-23
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is an international organization that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. FAO works with countries and partners to generate employment in rural areas, ensure access to natural resources for the most vulnerable, and connect farmers to markets. FAO’s initial functions supported agricultural and nutrition research and provided technical assistance to member countries to boost production in agriculture, fishery, and forestry. FAO’s mandate is to improve nutrition, increase agricultural productivity, raise the standard of living in rural populations, and contribute to global economic growth. FAO has identified key priorities on which it is best placed to intervene, including eliminating hunger, food insecurity, and malnutrition, reducing rural poverty, and promoting sustainable agriculture.
Apply also: Civic Engagement Officer Job at UNV in Bangladesh
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to a variety of routine queries and provide clarifications on programme and project matters; inform management and team members of processes, procedures and timeframes to secure administrative services needed for programme/project execution; initiate correspondence to verify data, obtain additional information on transactions and budgetary matters.
- Assist in programme interventions of emergency projects as well as Programme Unit.
- Assist ERU/Programme team lead to represent HCTT Clusters and Working Group meetings and internal emergency/project meetings.
- Initiate capacity development activities of ERU/Programme team and projects partners.
- Assist NPS-ERU to liaison with the Government Offices and partnership management for effective programme implementation.
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly reporting according to prescribe templates for programme and donors
- Management and record keeping of important project related documents (contracts, amendments, letters) and other relevant resources as required
- Assist ERU/Programme Units donors and partners mapping with regular updating of relevant tools
- Preliminary research work and context analysis to support project design and fundraising prospects
- Assemble and synthesize data from different sources to facilitate the analysis of programmes, projects and activities, and to draft periodic or ad hoc management reports
- Screen incoming correspondence to identify issues requiring further attention and draft related correspondence
- Provide administrative and logistics support to programme meetings, workshops and conferences, draft meeting minutes.
- Review current processes and make recommendations to improve programme/projects administration procedures
- Prepare event/workshop/seminar budgets; cash advance requests, process vendor’s payment requests through DV for matched and unmatched invoices. Arrange local travel, hotel accommodations and flight bookings for national project staffs, visitors and consultants.
- Participate in all programme meetings and take meeting minutes for further follow up with project supervisors and ERU team
- Any other task assigned by the Supervisor.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor in science or social science discipline. Preference will be given to candidates with undergraduate and/or postgraduate degree in Environmental Science/Climate Change, Geography, Agriculture, Statistics, and Development Studies.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience to handle a programme and information management including work experience with national and international NGO’s, Universities, UN agencies, governments and donors.
- Working knowledge of English.
- National of Bangladesh.
- Strong analytical skills: ability to summarize and present complex information in effective manner.
- Skills in networking, negotiation, persuasion and advocacy for mainstreaming new concepts and approaches.
- Timely completion of assigned tasks
- Fluency in English and Bangla (both oral and written);
- Proficient computer skills – Microsoft Office software, email, internet, spread sheets;
- Survey designs questionnaire development;
- Skills in staff management and capacity development.