- Organization: UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Juba
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Poverty Reduction
- Women’s Empowerment and Gender Mainstreaming
- Humanitarian Aid and Coordination
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2023-05-13
UNDP Programe is well arranged and manifestly image Albania’s improvement priorities articulated in the National Strategy for Development and Integration as well as in the Albania-United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2022-2026. Our Programme is alike with the UNDP Global Strategic Plan. It is contributed towards the European Union Integration Agenda through several European Union acquis chapters. The Programme contributes to the goals of several Sustainable Development Goals. Furthermore, Drawing on its reputation and strength as a UN system integrator for Agenda 2030 and trusted impartial partner, UNDP will set economic transformation and eradication of multidimensional poverty and establish systems that address risks disasters and social injustice within the SDGs. In addition ,The key component of UNDP’s means will be integration and innovation.
1.) Technical assistance to the HCT
The national Gender Specialist function will support the GenCap project with operational guidance in the local humanitarian operations The national Gender Specialist will support the strengthening of gender equality programming in emergencies described in strategic planning and response processes including the humanitarian programme cycle, nexus opportunities through joint programmes, and any other relevant response support. Discuss the gender dynamics of the country in order to provide local perspectives for the Humanitarian Country Team (HCT) and cluster members’ understanding of the prevailing gender issues. Support the presentation of gender analysis and recommendations by the Gender Equality Coordination in Emergency Working Group (GECiE WG) to the HCT;
2.) Technical assistance in the coordination of GECiE WG
Coordinate and provide technical assistance for the mobilization of the Gender Focal points and lead agencies, network to support clusters, the ICCG, and feed the HCT with relevant information on key gender-related issues for strategic decision-making processes; Facilitate the transfer of local GEPiE tools and skills for the GEPIE WG to promote and use; Support the GECiE working group with documentation, the convening of regular meetings and formalization of clear action plans with an agreed reporting mechanism
3.) Technical Assistance and support to the ICCG
Integrate gender dimensions in emergency response and preparedness and in programs to support a smooth transition to growth; Provide technical assistance to the ICCG through development of tools, training, mentoring and attending their engagement with GEPiE agenda; Support to provide guidance for GEPiE in the operation by fostering close working relationships between the GECiE WG and ICCG; Technical assistance for multisectoral needs reviews ;
4.) Technical Service to clusters
Employ with clusters to advise and enable that GEPiE is appropriately integrated; Support the development of minimum gender adherence for members’ Support partners to collect data related to gender equality Support gender rapid analysis; Judgment of training needs for cluster members, and facilitate training as needed. Support the cluster to do cluster capabilities and vulnerabilities mapping Analysis; Conduct training to build up the capacity of cluster partners for GEPiE using the GiHA curriculum; Support clusters to apply the GAM and improve gender equality measures during submissions and monitoring phases
5.) Technical Contribution to IMO
Assure gender equality considerations are integrated in communication (SiTrep; Dashboards) and resource mobilization strategy; Mount strengthened advocacy and communication on gender needs and priorities for humanitarian reaction.
APPLY ALSO: Strategic Planning Officer UNV
- A Master’s Degree preferably in gender studies, social sciences, or related discipline is required;
- A Bachelor’s degree with a variety of 2 additional years of relevant and qualifying experience in the field of gender may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 2 years of professional background in the field with a Master’s degree (4 years experience for Bachelor’s degree holders).
- Significant experience in working on gender parity issues in the local context is required.
- Experience in working with humanitarian and/or expansion projects in managing or coordinating services and support is required.
- Experience in facilitating internship and capacity building on gender equality and/or communicating with communities is desirable.
- Experience in alliance formation with diverse stakeholders for collaborative action and impact.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is demanded.