- Organization: UNOPS – United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Bangkok
- Grade: Internship – Internship
- Occupational Groups:
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2023-05-14
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is a UN agency that implements infrastructure and procurement projects for the UN System, international financial institutions, governments, and another partners over the world. UNOPS offers implementation, advisory, and transactional services in its five core areas of expertise.. It supply projects in more than 80 countries worldwide, with a portfolio of $3.4 billion in 2021. UNOPS often works in post-disaster and peace and security settings, improving countries, and economies in transition. UNOPS is a member of the United Nations Sustainable Development Group and works closely with other UN entities such as the UNDP, the DPO, and the World Bank.
- Donate in the transmission and awareness building of ETP, including developing high quality presentation material, documentation, summaries, and follow up.
- Sponsoring ETP with subject specific research and maintaining a current knowledge and understanding of the energy transition topics in the region, providing regular reporting and updates on developments and advancement for the consumption of the ETP Secretariat and the Steering Committee.
- Helping ETP activities and assisting ETP Team members with organizing, facilitating and delivering virtual and in-person events.
- Aid ETP team with the communications plan; and drafting Weekly Newsletter on ETP,
- Manage the ETP website and social media for ETP, and act as a liaison for website development and transmissions agencies assisting the ETP Secretariat.
- Studying and analyzing information on projects and partners, assisting the Programme Management Unit with programme growth , preparing project management documents and communication materials.
- Help in coordinating knowledge sharing sessions, as required, in terms of preparing learning materials, expression slides etc. Perform secretarial duties by taking meeting minutes during senior management meetings.
APPLY ALSO: Thailand Project Officer UNDP
- Minimum first level university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in International Affairs, Social Sciences, Human Resources, Business Administration, Project management or Engineering Background with some background in Programme Management support is required.
- Must be enlisted in a university programme such as Bachelor, Master’s or Ph.D. (or the equivalent) or have graduated from such studies within three (3) years prior to the application date of the internship.
- Previous project management certification is highly desirable.
- Some skilled experience in the field of Human Resources, Learning and development, International expansion, Project Management, Administration, Engineering or any other relevant field is desirable.
- Powerful computer literacy in MS Office standard programs, in particular proficient user of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel or its equivalent Google suite applications is preferred.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and attention to details.
- Must be tactful, discreet, diplomatic and possess the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of an association.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work under force and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Capability to work in an international/ multicultural environment
- Fluency in English (reading, writing and speaking) is demanded.