- Organization: UNEP – United Nations Environment Programme
- Location: Geneva
- Grade: Mid level – P-3, International Professional – Internationally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2023-06-23
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is an association established in 1972 to guide and harmonize environmental activities within the United Nations (UN) system. UNEP works closely with its 193 Member States and agents from civil society, businesses, and other major groups and stakeholders to address environmental challenges via the UN Environment Assembly, the world’s highest-level decision-making body on the environment. UNEP advances international cooperation on environmental issues, provides guidance to UN organizations, and encourages the international scientific neighborhood to participate in formulating policy for many of the UN’s environmental projects. UNEP’s efforts are focused on varying the triple planetary crisis of climate change, nature and biodiversity loss, and corruption and waste to achieve the Sustainable Development Goal.
•Participates in the growth, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects, etc.; monitors and analyzes programme/project development and implementation; reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies difficulties and issues to be handled and proposes corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; identifies and tracks follow-up actions.
•Performs consulting projects , in partnership with the client, by planning facilitating workshops, through other interactive sessions and helping in developing the action plan the client will use to manage the change.
•Studies , analyzes and explains information gathered from diverse sources.
•Assists in policy growth, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of impact evaluation or equivalent studies, etc.
•Undertakes survey industries; reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identifies problems/issues and prepares conclusions.
•Prepares diverse written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
•Provides substantive backing to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, determining participants, preparation of documents and presentations, etc.
•Undertakes outreach movements; conducts training workshops, seminars, etc.; makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
•Participates in or lead area missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties and drafting mission outlines, etc.
APPLY ALSO: Consultants as Video Editors at UNICEF
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree, or equivalent) in Economics or related fields is required. Some focus on trade and environment training is an benefit.
- A first-level university degree in mixture with two (2) additional years of relevant work background may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of background in project/programme management, coordination of technical assistance projects, or related fields is demanded.
- At least two (2) years of work background on issues related to trade and the environment is demanded.
- Work background at the national or intergovernmental level is demanded.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised,
- fluency in English is demanded. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an benefit.