- Organization: UNWOMEN – United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women
- Location: New Delhi
- Grade: Consultancy – SB-4 (SC8/SC9), Service Contract, Local Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Women’s Empowerment and Gender Mainstreaming
- Criminology, Extremism, Police Affairs and Anti-Corruption
- Gender-based violence
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Drugs, Anti-Money Laundering, Terrorism and Human Trafficking
- Closing Date: 2023-05-27
UN Women is a United Nations organization committed to gender equality and the empowerment of women. It supports UN Member States in setting global means for achieving gender equality and works with governments and civil society to design laws, policies, programs, and services required to ensure that the standards are effectively implemented and truly help women and girls worldwide. UN Women is a global advocate for women and girls, working to develop and uphold ideals and create an environment in which every woman and girl can exercise her human rights and live up to her full possibility. UN Women USA is a branch of UN Women that offers membership and donation possibilities to support UN Women programs.
The duties for Programme Manager at UNWOMEN India are :
Deliver substantive specialised support to the implementation and management of the EVAW programme:
- technical inputs to the annual workplan and budget.
- Lead the performance of programme activities.
- Oversee the coordination of the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners.
- Study , coordinate and monitor the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports.
- Prepare partners on Results Based Management and monitor implementation.
Deliver specialised assistance and capacity development to project/programme partners:
- Correspond and provide technical support in the implementation of programme activities.
- Formulate technical knowledge products;
- Recognize opportunities for capacity building of partners and facilitate technical/ programming support and trainings to partners, as needed.
Nourish specialised inputs to the monitoring and reporting of the programme/ project:
- Observe progress of implementation of activities and finances using results-based management tools.
- Draft reports on observing missions, programme results, outputs and outcomes.
- Equip substantive inputs to the preparation of donor and UN Women reports.
Deliver substantive technical inputs to the management of people and finances of the programme:
- Monitor budget performance and make budget re-alignments/ revisions, as necessary.
- Furnish substantive inputs to financial reports.
APPLY ALSO: Programme Manager at UNDP India
The requirements for Programme Manager at UNWOMEN India are :
- Master’s degree or comparable in social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development, or a related field is needed
- A first-level university degree in mixture with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A project/programme management certification would be an added benefit.
- At least 4 years of progressively accountable work background in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building.
- Experience in the EVAW is an asset.
- Background coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Acquaintance with UN Women policies, procedures, and regulations is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Hindi is demanded
- Understanding of the other UN official working language is an asset.