- Organization: UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Maputo
- Grade: Junior level – NPSA-8, National Personnel Services Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Human Rights
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2023-05-26
UNDP Programe is well arranged and manifestly image Albania’s improvement priorities articulated in the National Strategy for Development and Integration as well as in the Albania-United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2022-2026. Our Programme is alike with the UNDP Global Strategic Plan. It is contributed towards the European Union Integration Agenda through several European Union acquis chapters. The Programme contributes to the goals of several Sustainable Development Goals. Furthermore, Drawing on its reputation and strength as a UN system integrator for Agenda 2030 and trusted impartial partner, UNDP will set economic transformation and eradication of multidimensional poverty and establish systems that address risks disasters and social injustice within the SDGs. In addition ,The key component of UNDP’s means will be integration and innovation.
The duties for Programme Officer at UNDP Mozambique are :
- Help the CO in the performance of Rule of Law and Human Rights Activities in Mozambique;
- Provide service to human rights institutions, CSOs and government counterparts in the design and performance of project work plan, activities and reports ensuring highly qualitative application of Results Based Management Tools, Leave no one behind principles, Human Rights Based Approaches and Gender Responsive Approaches;
- Aid in the design and implement training programmes, workshops and seminars on human rights for various target groups, especially members of the Human Rights Commission, the Ombudsman, justice, police and CSOs;
- Contributes to advancing UNDP’s taught leadership in the area of human rights and democratic governance, including through the provision of research, data collection, and policy revision on national, regional and global issues;
- Contributes to and help the Project team and UNDP CO in the preparation of a variety of project and corporate reports within UNDP and the UNCT and provides inputs to CO’s project proposals, reports brief notes and speeches, assuring human rights language and issues are consistently mainstreamed;
- Actively engages and boosts collaboration with colleagues from different projects and programs within UNDP CO and the UN system in Mozambique;
- Contributes substantively to resource mobilization efforts;
- Conducts other responsibilities as assigned.
APPLY ALSO: Internship Programme at WFP Mozambique
The requirements for Programme Officer at UNDP Mozambique are :
- Advanced University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in International Relations, Human Rights, Law, Political Sciences, Sociology, Development Management, or a related field is needed.
- First-level university degree (Bachelor’s) in a appropriate major with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced degree.
- Minimum 2 years of progressively responsible background at the national or international level in advocacy or project management in areas related to justice, rule of law, human rights, democratic governance;
- Good understanding of the functioning of the justice sector and access to justice;
- Deep knowledge and understanding of human rights and gender problems, including in their socio-political and economic dimension;
- Experience in project administration, including experience preparing annual work plans and reports, and supporting the organization of project activities, such as trainings, workshops, project field visits;
- Outstanding analytical, communication and writing skills;
- Understanding of the Mozambique human rights contexts and civil society environment;
- Understanding of the work of human rights institutions, their regional and global networks and of the Paris Principles;
- Experience in results-based planning, Human Rights Based and Gender Responsive Approaches;
- Good understanding of the functioning of civil society and experience working with CSOs is an asset;
- Working background with the UN, an international development organization or donor agency would be an additional asset.
- Outstanding writing and communication in Portuguese and English is required.