- Organization: WFP – World Food Programme
- Location: Yangon
- Grade: Consultancy – SB-4 (SC8/SC9), Service Contract, Local Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Legal – Broad
- Political Affairs
- Security and Safety
- Project and Programme Management
- Food Security, Livestock and Livelihoods
- Closing Date: 2023-05-11
The World Food Program (WFP) is the top humanitarian agency that provides food aid in dire situations and collaborates with locals to boost nutrition and resilience. The United Nations created it in 1961 to aid in reducing global hunger. 80 nations are home to WFP offices, which have its main headquarters in Rome. The biggest humanitarian organization in the world, it is also the main supplier of school meals. In order to promote nutrition initiatives, policies, and programs, such as school meals and food fortification, WFP collaborates with governments, other UN agencies, NGOs, and the corporate sector.
- Preform desk review to provide overall food security analysis
- Within trusted authority, lead EFSA (Emergency Food Security Assessment) via FSC partners to document the effect of the impact of the FSC on beneficiaries’ food security status. This may include working on questionnaire to adjust the survey to the evolving context, implementation, and management of assessments with partner organizations.
- Supply technical guidance to FSC partners on needs assessment and usage of assessment data for targeting
Analysis, Visualization and reporting
- Assemble food security analysis reports and snapshot based on the research results
- Build FSC capacity to converge several food security outcomes to estimate food security needs via the growth of standardized assessment tools that will allow comparable data analysis round after rounds
- Grow Food Security data collect framework compliant with international standard
APPLY ALSO: Programme Associate WFP Myanmar
- Advanced university degree in statistics, economics, development studies, Food Security, Statistics, Data Science or other connected domain.
- At least 6 years of background in food security and nutrition data collection and analysis, or related statistical research. 6 years or more of relevant and progressive experience in food security analysis including IPC
- Outstanding spoken and written English.