- Organization: UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Maputo
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Sustainable trade and development
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Project and Programme Management
- Public, Private Partnership
- Closing Date: 2023-05-31
UNDP Programe is well arranged and manifestly image Albania’s improvement priorities articulated in the National Strategy for Development and Integration as well as in the Albania-United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2022-2026. Our Programme is alike with the UNDP Global Strategic Plan. It is contributed towards the European Union Integration Agenda through several European Union acquis chapters. The Programme contributes to the goals of several Sustainable Development Goals. Furthermore, Drawing on its reputation and strength as a UN system integrator for Agenda 2030 and trusted impartial partner, UNDP will set economic transformation and eradication of multidimensional poverty and establish systems that address risks disasters and social injustice within the SDGs. In addition ,The key component of UNDP’s means will be integration and innovation.
The duties for Programme Specialist at UNDP Mozambique are :
- Under the overall guidance of the Senior Economist, manage EPAU’s programme portfolio and the unit’s work-planning needs.
- Regularly engage with the UNDP CO Operations director and his/her team, as well as with the Programme Management Support Unit to ensure smooth operational management on EPAU’s activities and full compliance with corporate requirements.
- Contribute to the growth of projects and other programme interventions in the areas of SDG policy support, private sector development and finance under UNDP’s 2022-2026 Country Programme Document.
Help the formulation and performance of UNDP country office strategies related to resources mobilization and partnership building.
- Deepen the country office’s understanding of the growth and ODA landscape in Mozambique, building UNDP’s presence in the forums where appropriate conversations are happening, by facilitating the CO’s participation.
- Establish collaborations that bring expertise, resources and relationships to strategically engage with government and growth partners.
- Build on the UNDP Programme in the country, determinate and help organize strategic and high-level events that contribute to positioning UNDP as a thought leader on key growth issues, drawing on both locally and internationally based expertise, within and outside of the UNDP.
Correspond the performance of UNDP’s programme interventions in Mozambique on the informal economy
- Correspond the implementation in Mozambique of UNDP’s “Supporting Informal Enterprises Transition Towards Sustainable Growth and Formalization in ACP Countries” project.
- Help the setup of the project, including the development of the project stakeholder engagement strategy, the set-up of its ecosystem platform, the organization of the project launch and the production of relevant baseline studies.
- Assure that the project complies with all project and corporate requirements, as well as those of external donors to the project, including those from the EU.
- Oversee relationships and regularly engage with project counterparts in Mozambique, including with government partners, responsible parties, donors, etc.
APPLY ALSO: Technical Assistance at UNICEF Mozambique
The requirements for Programme Specialist at UNDP Mozambique are :
- Master’s degree or equal in Economics, International Development, Finance, Business Administration, Public Policy, or connected major.
- A Bachelor’s degree in the above-referenced fields with an additional two (2) years of appropriate background will be given due consideration in lieu of a Master’s degree
- Minimum 5 years (with Master’s degree) or 7 years (Bachelor’s degree) of progressively responsible background in programme management and development, at least 3 of which at the country level will be demanded .
- Illustrated project management experience. Specific work experience implementing projects with the government or involving strong engagement with government counterparts would be an asset.
- Illustrated partnerships experience, contributing to mobilizing resources and to positioning efforts for international associations.
- Proficiency in verbal and written English and Portuguese languages is demanded.
- In the absence of Portuguese, full command in Spanish or Italian might be considered.