- Organization: UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Colombo
- Grade: Administrative support – Administrative Services and Support – Generally no need for Higher Education
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Meteorology, Geology and Geography
- Climate Change
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2023-06-03
UNDP Programe is well arranged and manifestly image Albania’s improvement priorities articulated in the National Strategy for Development and Integration as well as in the Albania-United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2022-2026. Our Programme is alike with the UNDP Global Strategic Plan. It is contributed towards the European Union Integration Agenda through several European Union acquis chapters. The Programme contributes to the goals of several Sustainable Development Goals. Furthermore, Drawing on its reputation and strength as a UN system integrator for Agenda 2030 and trusted impartial partner, UNDP will set economic transformation and eradication of multidimensional poverty and establish systems that address risks disasters and social injustice within the SDGs. In addition ,The key component of UNDP’s means will be integration and innovation.
The duties for Project Assistant at UNDP Sri-lanka are :
- Help the National Project Coordinator – Climate Action with planning, monitoring and evaluation activities for the Project activities
- Support the practice and updating of project work plans, budgets, briefs, reports and other documents as necessary
- Support association and coordination of meetings, training sessions, workshops, project events and prepare minutes as required
- Assure the timely and smooth implementation of all project logistics including following up with contractors
- Preserve communication with stakeholders within the relevant government institutions pertaining to the project’s scope of work
- Support with transmissions and visibility of project activities
- Aid knowledge building and sharing project processes by documenting lessons learnt, best practices and challenges
- Sustain forward schedule of deadlines, meetings, workshops and proactively work towards that schedule
- Provide help to the green development portfolio and overall programme with supervisor as required when necessary
- Fund overall finance management activities of the project including preparatation and disbursement of payments following mandated processes
- Help in procurement processes; assist the Project Management Unit in preparation of Terms of References (ToRs) for consultants, service provider contracts and ensure full compliance of procurement activities with UNDP and Government of Sri Lanka procurement guidelines
- Help the procurement processes of goods and services and management of the inventory of assets and custodian items
- Sustain database of consultants, vendors, suppliers and other necessary services.
APPLY ALSO: National Consultant at UNDP Colombo
The requirements for Project Assistant at UNDP Sri-lanka are :
- Secondary education (GCE A/L) passed with all subjects is needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environment, Economics or any other appropriate area will be given due consideration.
(Degree must be from an accredited university)
- Minimum of five (05) years of progressively responsible work background (with Secondary Education) including two (02) years’ of professional work experience at the national level in supporting the performance of projects, with preference to environment and natural resource management-related projects
- Two (02) years of appropriate work background would be sufficient with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Fluency in Sinhala and/or Tamil with excellent English transmission skills.